Brief

This chapter might be longer than the others :P Keep reading. Comment and vote :) Thanks <3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                           "Whoah..Oh my god, are you okay?! " Julian asks, horrified. I don't answer because I'm in too much pain to respond. Moving my leg was torture so I stop and start picking of pieces of glass and ceramic that were merely sticking onto my skin. I brushed the pieces of glass away and felt a hand pulling up my chin. A tear escapes and I stare into Julian's eyes. His eyes are stormy and dark. They flash when he looks at my wound. He kneels to my level and wipes my tear away. My face crumples in his look of concern and more tears start falling. He pulls me to his chest and I start sobbing. "I'm never gonna get away from this place" I say thickly into his shirt. I wrap my arms around his middle and revelled in his strength. I really didn't know what to do anymore. I was exhausted and didn't know how to escape from this hellhole. I could hear faint noises of the Hellhounds panting and my heartbeat sped up. I open my mouth to warn but Julian beat me to it.

              "It's okay..they're outside the door but can't do anything because we're supposed to wait in the other room for the Master or something".

               "Then we should go now before the Master finds us or ...you should" I finish softly. 

                "What..I'm not leaving you here. C'mon" He shakes his head.

                "Look, if you want to get out of here, it's probably best that you leave me here because the Master and those dogs want me and since I'm wounded, they can sense where I'm going. So just leave me and take my belongings cuz you're gonna need it" I say and slump. I knew it all along. I was just as likely going to hurt someone than help them. Julian was a human and he had no part in my problems. He has to escape or he's going to get too involved into this messed up crap. I mean I still didn't know why they were chasing me and I had barely time to ask them. Now I was confused because I was torn between going back and facing the Master or just running away. Running away felt so easy and simple but then everything will be back to where it was. The Hellhounds chasing me and me running away.

                It will be an endless vicious cycle of them chasing me for some unknown reason and I will stay clueless forever. I will be right back in square one but I knew I couldn't function like that . There is only so much I can do to hide from them and not know the reason why they want me so badly.

               "Come on, I'll even carry you! Please-let's leave before the Master knows" Julian pleads. I stare into the familiar stormy eyes and sigh. "No" I say and my voice resonates throughout the room. He shakes his head and before I know it, he has scooped me up in his arms. "Stop! I said STOP-Seriously,do you wanna get killed or something" I said in a voice I couldn't recognise. Julian just regarded me coolly and readjusted me in his arm. Shit. I think as I look at my leg. Pain radiates in waves and I lay my head on his shoulder. I can't even argue anymore because blood drips off my leg and falls on the marble tiles. The pain didn't seem so pronounced when I was distracted but now, I just couldn't function. Even in my haze of pain, butterflies rioted my stomach. Oh god. He's carrying me. We go through an endless tunnel with well-lit corridors.

                  "Jules, put me down. I think my leg's healing already. Besides, I'm quite fat and-" 

                  "Jules is a girl's name. You're not fat..you're just very curvy" He corrects me. 

              My ears are burning. I want to jump out of his arms and do a little dance because this is the first time a boy has ever called me curvy. I look at his face but he's already staring at me. I keep quiet but I silently struggle to get out of his arms. He sighs and puts me down. My mouth forms a little from the pain and I hobble on my foot. "You're really stubborn,you know that?" He shakes his head like he couldn't believe me.

                "Wait a sec...How did you even get here?" I ask, both my eyebrows raised. 

                 "Well..after you vanished in thin air, Rayne told me she had an idea of where you might be so I came here with the costume that I wore when we came here on the day of that psychopath so yeah..It worked and nobody noticed because everyone was tense and there was nobody in the reception. Then some dude came up and started yelling 'Shit, the Master's gonna kill us. That girl-she escaped..we gotta go chase her'. Then someone guarding the place yelled to ask where you were but that guy just started running towards a direction so I acted all noble and started running. After a long time of searching, Xavier came out of nowhere and he asked me what I was doing here. I told him I was searching for you and he said you were in the room before this and he also..asked me to bring you to him" 

               "WHAT?!" I half-shout and my voice reverberates throughout the tunnel.

               "Shut up, you're gonna get us killed" He says softly. 

               I frown and tilt my head. Why must Xavier tell him where I was..I mean, didn't he already know that Julian would help me no matter what then why did he tell Julian to bring me to him? Is he stupid enough to think Julian will actually follow his instructions? What were his motives? Questions flood my mind and I shake my head. Healing my leg wore me out and now exhaustion overwhelmed me. 

                 "What was your response to him" I ask, uncertainty laced with my words. 

                 "Well..I didn't really respond because I was-I-umm...I was happy that I could finally find you. There. I said it" He mumbles. 

                  Before I know it, a squeal escapes from me and I internally bash myself into a wall repeatedly. Now he's gonna look weirdly at me or he's gonna think I'm uncool. I knew from countless teen magazines that being overly excited for something like this was going to repel the opposite gender. But ohmygosh he came here for me and he was happy to "finally' find me. I turn my head away and grin like he's the best person in the world. But then again he was. I glance at him and he was staring at me. 

                "Are you fangirling over me?" He smirks.

               "No?! Why would I? I was merely happy that you didn't just call the police or tell your parents or something reckless like that to report my absence. Besides, you shouldn't be so self-centered" I shrug casually. 

                Before he could come up with a reply, I run the few yards remaining to another door. It was closed and the sounds of the Hellhounds were getting louder. They were always there like a constant. It was impossible to have a moment of silence when it felt like the Hellhounds were always hot on your heels. Personally, it scared me and now my instincts were telling that those Hellhounds were behind this very door. 

                I tell Julian about my paranoid instincts but he only looked all the more determined to get through this door. Taking a leap of faith, I push open the heavy door. Julian gasps and the blood rushes out from my face.

                "Welcome back, my child" A set of teeth shines in the darkness.