Chapter Fifteen: She's gone (Kim/Liam's POV)

Sorry for taking so long to update.  I’ve been crying my eyes out for a while now and I’m nowhere near done cause, well… Life sucks. But it’s all good in the hood, life goes on, right?

Anyway, enjoy!

-------

Chapter Fifteen

..

Kim’s POV

I hug him back with all my might as if it’d be the last hug I’d ever receive. He’s so warm and smells so good!

I bury my face in the crook of his neck and he sighs happily before pulling back and  looking me dead in the eyes.

“I—“ He begins but is interrupted by his phone vibrating once again.

He groans and pulls the phone to see who’s calling. His eyes widen and he looks at me, almost panicked.

“I need to take this. I’m sorry,” He quickly says before leaving the kitchen. I sit there wondering why he reacted so weird while hearing his footsteps going down the hallway and the sound of a door quickly opening then closing.

My stomach growls loudly and I get a whiff of the pizza sitting a couple feet away from me, waiting to be eaten.

The pizza is a lot bigger than most pizzas, so I grab four huge slices and a sprite before scarfing it down in a very non-ladylike manner. But I gotta eat for two now so who cares?! Not me.

Seconds after I finish, Liam walks back into the kitchen rubbing the back of his neck nervously. He flashes me a nervous smile before grabbing a slice and sitting beside me.

“So who called? Management?” I ask staring deeply into his eyes, hoping I can see if he’s lying. Lying is one thing I can’t stand.

“Huh? Oh yeah. They just wanted to ask a quick question.” He replies looking down at the table. This punk is up to something.

“Oh really? Odd that they’d call this late.”

“Y-yeah. I thought so too.” He stutters, stuffing his pizza in his mouth.

“Hmm..” I murmur quietly while standing up to toss my plate in the sink.

“Kim, I-“ Liam says while taking a deep breath.

I turn to face him and he lets out the breath, looking down. “Nothing, nevermind.”

“Tell me.”

“I love you.”

My heart drops and I freeze. I can’t move. I can’t speak. I’m at a complete loss of words. I knew he had a crush. He didn’t try hiding it, but love? No way.

“Liam-“ I start.

“I know you don’t love me back, but I just had to tell you. If Niall wasn’t in the picture, would you have given me a chance?” He quietly asks making my heart ache at how pained he looks.

“Of course I would have, Liam.” I whisper. Would I really have? I have no idea.

He looks up at me and gives me sad smile. I walk over to him and sit sideways on his lap before giving him a hug. “I’m sorry.” I whisper into his ear.

He wraps his arms around my waist white whispering back, “You have nothing to be sorry about.”

I shut my eyes tight trying to stop the tears wanting to force their way out. Pregnant hormones.

He lets go and smiles at me. His smile is gorgeous and I really wish I could sincerely love him back. Niall and I haven’t really had sweet, sincere, and intimate moments like this but for some reason, he’s still the one I want.

“Let’s go watch that movie?” He says and I nod in agreement.

He reaches under my legs and carries me bridal style to the couch causing me to laugh and thrash around in his arms. He giggles and lies me down on the love seat before sitting at my feet and placing them on his lap.

I smile sweetly at him and he returns the smile, but I see the hint of sadness in his eyes, causing my heart to shatter knowing I’m the cause of it. He notices and looks away to grab the remote and restart the movie.

“Liam. One day you’re going to make one lucky girl really happy.” I say sitting up and reach over to grab his hand.

He squeezes it back, shutting his eyes tight and nodding softly. “Thanks, love. Let’s watch the best movie in the history of movies now, yeah?!” He says excitedly.

A smile spreads on my face and I quickly sit up. “Hell yeah!”

As the movie begins, I go to lay my head on his shoulder but he stands up and motions for me to lie down on the couch.

Confused, I obey and he lies, face up, next to me while wrapping and arm around my shoulders. I turn sideways and place a hand on his arm and rest my head on his chest.

Being squeezed in between him and the back of the couch brings me warmth and comfort causing a sigh of satisfaction to escape my lips. I could get used to this… with Niall.

I shut my eyes at the memory of him. I miss him so much that it’s beginning to hurt. I miss that hot accent of his, his soft hair, those forever blue eyes. Liam gasps at a scene in the movie instantly grabbing my attention.

“Loki is so mean! He just kills without sympathy! He’s amazing!” Liam says staring at the pictures on the screen in awe.

I laugh softly and pat him softly on the chest with my hand.

We lay there silently watching the movie. Liam loves it so much, he’s barely blinking!

Around the beginning of the battle scene, I feel my eyes getting droopy.

“I’ll wait for you, Kim. As long as it takes.” Liam whispers, his eyes still on the tv.

I smile and close my eyes, falling asleep to some of the sweetest words ever said to me.

-------------

Liam’s POV

I turn to her and see her eyes shut tight with a small smile on her face.

I begin admiring her when her hand moves it’s way from my chest to her stomach, shielding her baby from any harm. She’s going to make an amazing mother.

I turn to the coffee table next to the couch and grab my phone.

I go to my recent calls and see Niall's name. My stomach churns at remembering how heartbroken he sounded over Kim missing. And how I felt even worse when I lied to Kim about him calling.

I’m being selfish. Niall is probably pulling his hairs out right now. I know she thinks she ruined his life but she didn’t. Niall loves her and this unborn baby with all his heart, but I do too.

I turn off the television and slowly move away from Kim to stand up.

With my phone in hand, I walk to the bathroom and lock the door behind me. My finger finds its way to Niall’s contact on the phone. My finger hovers above the call button while I think if I should call him.

If I don’t call, he’ll probably cry himself to sleep wondering where she is and if she’s okay. Or worse, he probably won’t sleep at all and pace back and forth staring at his phone. But she’s perfectly fine here.

If I call, most likely he’ll fly over here to see her and take her from me. I had such a good time with her. I don’t think I can let him do that.

With that thought, I lock my phone. She would have asked me to call him if she really wanted to be with him.

I stuff my phone in my pocket and walk out of the restroom, making my way to the living room where an angel is fast asleep.

As I walk into the living room, I look to the couch where I left Kim.

 My legs turn to jelly and I fall to my knees when I see she’s not there and the door to the room left wide open.

She's gone.

------

That picture on the side tho. Liam's arrow tattoos are such a turn on.