Chapter Five: Trends (Niall's POV)

---------------------------------------

Niall’s POV

-

I immediately shot up from my seat to run to the break room. While running, I was hoping I’d run in there to see her just picking up the chips that fell out of box when Louis put us in there. I was hoping to see her beautiful smile and hear her adorable laugh and know this was all some cruel joke.

I ran in there and I knew it was no joke. She was completely unconscious and her normally tanned skin looked pale with a tint of blue/purple. She had a small amount of blood on the floor next to her.

I dropped to the floor in complete shock. It killed me seeing her like that and all I could do was sob.

I crawled towards her and laid her in my lap and moved her hair from her face. When I moved it, I saw a white rope tied around her neck, which was choking her causing her blue/purple color. I gasped and started sobbing uncontrollably. I was untying it when Paul ran into the room. He teared up at the sight of her. She didn’t look like herself at all. She looked like a completely different person. He noticed she still had an extremely faint heartbeat and immediately performed mouth to mouth. Just after he began, her boss walked in telling us ambulance is on their way. He had tears streamed down his cheeks and as much as I wanted to comfort him, I couldn’t be away from Kimberly. Not right now. I had to have her touch on me so I sat there holding her hand while asking and praying she’d be okay.

I never got to tell her how I felt.

-----

In about 5 minutes later, ambulance arrived and quickly they were working on getting her breathing by placing oxygen masks and performing more intense CPR. It looked like they’d break her ribs by how hard they were pressing but as long as she survives, she can handle a broken rib.

Suddenly she shot up and threw up nothing but an odd looking liquid. It almost looked like alcohol. Some of it landed on my jean pant but I didn’t care. She was breathing but unconscious still. She was alive, nonetheless. We all looked at each other relieved as they wheeled her out.

I quickly caught up to them and told them I’d be staying with her. Everyone stared as she was rolled by the signing. The boys quickly stood up and their faces were honestly heartbreaking. I waved bye to them as a way of saying I’d be going with her. They sadly waved back but continued staring. I immediately went to block her from the fans taking pictures of her. It sickened me that they’d worry more about getting a decent picture than about her wellbeing.

Throughout the whole ride, I held her hand and cried. Who would do something so horrible to such an amazing person? She doesn’t deserve it. Although her eyes were clouded with pain, she put up a good front. It just shows how strong she is, which is why I know she’ll be okay.

-----

Hours later, she still hasn’t woken up. Her vitals are finally stable but she is still asleep. There’s no telling if she’s fallen into a coma. She was bleeding from her head which explained the tiny puddle of blood by her in the break room. It’s been bandaged and it seems to have stopped bleeding.  Even though she looks so damaged and broken, she looks more beautiful than ever.

As I stare, the boys walk in and immediately they burst into tears once they see her condition. They didn’t see how injured she looked back at the store but seeing her now isn’t much of an improvement. I run up to them and we all hug and cry together. Everyone stealing glances every few seconds and crying even more.