The two blushy, giggly boys laid in bed together that night, Josh's arms wrapped tightly around Tyler's frail body. His head was lying on the other's tattooed chest, rising and falling in sync with his even breaths. He felt closer to Tyler than ever, and for obvious reason.

"Hey, Ty?" Josh asked quietly, turning his head to look up at Tyler. "Are we... Do you..." He was unsure of how to get the words out. "Um, I--" A blush clouded over his face as he hid it in the crook of Tyler's neck. "Can we be boyfriends?" He was scared. He didn't know if the feelings were entirely mutual.

"Boyfriends, huh?" Tyler mused, a smile playing at his lips as he moved his hand to stroke Josh's messy hair. He felt the boy nod against his skin. "I think that would work." He finally said, letting the grin take over his expression. He wouldn't lie, he was very happy. Josh was the best thing to happen to him in quite some time.

"Really?" Josh pulled away and smiled back at him, his golden eyes squinting and his nose crinkling up. The sight made Tyler's head spin, he was too beautiful for his own good. He nodded in response, pulling the ecstatic boy back down and hugging him to his chest.

"Of course, my pretty boy." Tyler beamed happily, pressing a gentle kiss to the top of Josh's fluffy head. "I couldn't just let such a perfect person leave."

Josh whined as his only reply and curled up, hiding himself away in Tyler's chest to cover the returning blush. He never knew how to accept compliments and assumed he probably never would. "You make me blushy, Ty." He mumbled, his voice returning to it's normal, soft and gentle tone.

Tyler giggled and twirled a bit of the pink hair around his index finger. "Yeah? Good. It looks great on you." He got a louder whine from Josh before he watched the boy sit up and cross his arms, a pout stretching over his face.

"What's that about, baby boy?" Tyler chuckled lightheartedly. Josh tried to ignore the butterflies that gave him, but failed. He sighed and uncrossed his arms, shaking his head.

"Ty, you're too nice to me. You make me feel bad." He curled back up next to his boyfriend, his hand beginning to trace patterns on his chest. He sighed contently and closed his eyes.

"I make you feel bad?" Tyler questioned as he put his hand back in Josh's soft hair. "Why is that?" He was genuinely concerned. That certainly wasn't what he wanted. He wanted Josh to be happy, far from how he was the day he found him lying on the ground outside. He truly never wanted to see him like that again. 

Josh let out a soft whimper. "Just wish I could be as nice to you as you are to me." He wanted to drop the subject, knowing it wasn't going to do any good to keep discussing it. "It doesn't matter." He mumbled, shoving his face further down into Tyler's chest and a bunch of sheets. "I'm sleeping now."

Tyler simply chuckled. "You're alright, J." He patted the smaller boy's back lovingly and kissed his head, the wild pink hair tickling his face. "Goodnight. I love you."

"I love you too, Tyler." Josh's muffled voice said. "Love you so much."