Game of Clowns

Along the shore of Lemnos, eight beings can be seen hiding behind the bushes. They were watching the small shack, waiting for someone to come out.

"Hermes, is that the place where that famous blacksmith lives?"

The young god nodded. "You got that right, Apolloski! I asked a few of the peeps here and all of the clues lead here."

"Eww~ It looks like a dump!" exclaimed Aphrodite.

"Father, what are doing here exactly?" asked Artemis.

Everyone looked at Zeus, who scratched his head. "Hera told me to watch over you and to make sure to bring that craftsman alive. Your stepmom has gotten more grumpy ever since she got stuck on her throne."

"Tch! She's always moody!" said Ares.

"I guess you're right. Besides, I think it's best I leave her alone from time to time. Whenever it's just the two of us, she stares into space, making me feel like I'm sitting next to a rotting corpse."

Athena shushed them. "Everyone, here comes Eurynome."

The said titaness was headed for the small shack. She knocked at the doorstep and shouted "Heffie! Heffie!"

She was doing her favorite hobby, which was banging on the door of her nephew's shack. The god skipped breakfast and lunch so she brought him a basket with bread and meat for a hearty meal. "If you don't open this-" The door opened and Hephaestus came out. "Hmph. Seriously, when you get back home, you need to be punctual!" She handed him the basket.

Hephaestus took it and replied "I'm already home."

"What I mean is back at Olympus! You need to be exactly at the dinner table on time."

"I'm not going there..."he muttered.

"What?"

He shook his head, and was about to go in, when something caught his attention. From the corner of his eyes, he saw some people behind the bushes. It took him a second to know who they were and just went back to his shack.

Athena narrowed her eyes. "He sees us."

Aphrodite laughed. "Lolololololol! You're so funneh~ Mortals can't see us! We're too beautiful for them!"

"If they saw you, they'll burn from your idiocy." she muttered.

Hermes clapped his hand. "So, who goes first?"

They looked at one another, waiting for someone to say "I volunteer! I volunteer as tribute!"

Aphrodite waved her hand. "Hmph! Come on now, go and do your thing! Save the best for last, which is moi! Now go, and shine bright like my forehead!"

"Your forehead? You mean like a diamond, right?" said Apollo, cocking his eyebrow.

She gave him a smile that lights up the world like nobody else~ "Oh Apollo! You must admit, I shine more than a diamond!"

He took her hand, kissed it, and gave her his killer smile. "Of course my lady, we shall shine bright like your forehead."

"Oh Chaos, you've got to be kidding me!" exclaimed Artemis.

Zeus sighed, and thought that he needed to intervene. "Alright look, Ares, you go first."

The god snapped his head to his Father. "What?! Why am I always the one being picked?! And besides, he can't see us!"

"He does. He can see us, though I don't know why..." Athena was lost in her thoughts.

"See or not just convince him, but don't kill him." said Zeus.