Casper

I find one gi on my own today. He's hunting a ghoul. I chase him off. I love a good chase. This one is also alone. Is he that good? I'm slashing and he gets my mask. It's off. He must die. Along with spectators. Then, he's dead. I take my mask and head back, normally.

Then I see him. His white and fluffy head. Casper. Should I go to him? What would I say? It's been so long. I can't. I don't have the courage. Shit. I have courage when fighting but I can't talk to my first friend. My only human friend. He sees me. He looks over and then sprints over. He slams into me with a hug.

"Hey man, where the hell have you been? I haven't seen you since you threw up! Are you okay? I thought a ghoul took you! Why haven't you answered my texts or calls or letters? I've been so worried! And why haven't you been in school? Do you want my notes? Did you quit? Don't tell me you quit man I've missed you so much you need to come back and i nee- why are you so pale? Are you okay? That doesn't look healthy! Are you staying healthy? Hydrated? Have you even been outside you can't have been in your house because you would have let me in when I knocked come on man answer me!"

"I would answer if you would just shut up. I'm okay. I've been out of town. Not a lot of sun up north. But I'm okay. Just forgot my phone. But no I won't go back to school. I can't. I have a job. A secret one." I guess my mask and hood didn't allow for me to regain my color.

"Ooh are you important? Are there cute people there? I know you swing both ways. What are the guys like? What are the girls like? Do you have a date? Oh oh oh I got a girlfriend! She's super hot and sweet and we have a date tonight! She's coming to my place? Gonna get some! Haha just kidding. I wouldn't do that but if she wanted to... Well... I wouldn't say no..."

"Well there is one cute girl. Super sweet and small too. She's my partner-"

"Tell me more! Ahhh felix met a giirrrllll she probably hasn't realized how much of a loser you are!"

And I went on to describe Jamie.

"She's only three years younger, brown and red hair, short and super cute. She has freckles and brown eyes. She's a feisty one but she's so... Perfect.... In every way. Not really sweet, but sarcastic and funny. Oh man she's amazing."

"Does she know how you feel?... NO? Dude... Oh my God ask her already!" And we spend the rest of the day talking. I missed him. I bring my phone back to the hive and text him.