Julia

Pov: Julia: gi squad A officer. Second in command to Jace.

I wake up early and head into the office. It's literally 4am and I just want to collapse and sleep right in the floor. Maybe in the middle of the road. Ah. Yes. Maybe someone will hit me.

But I have work to do. Wake up Julia. Wake up. Ugh.

I head into jace's office and promptly trip on the garbage. Nice. Totally what I wanted right now. I look up but the room is empty. At least I've been saved from the embarrassment. I begin to clean it up when something catches my eye. The word 'slasher'. Information on a powerful ghoul? It must have been an accident that have threw it out. No. Jace doesn't make accident. I start to read and I realize why he threw it out. It catches my interest instantly. I shove it in my purse. This letter makes perfect sense. Not to a hard-core all-ghouls-are-evil-and-vile-beings enthusiast like Jace, but it makes sense to me, the very sensible officer. I pride myself on being a high rank and being able to think.

I finish cleaning as Jace walks in.

"Here early I see Miss Julia?"

"Oh yes sir! You know how I love getting up early and getting straight to work!" I say with mock enthusiasm that he doesn't catch. He's so dull. Does he not get jokes or sarcasm? He's drier than a desert. No sense of humor.

"Well then let's get to work. Any information on the Wolf?"

"No sir. There have not been any sighting of him in a few months. He is believed to be dead. Killed and eaten or maybe imprisoned by another ghoul."

"Is that all?" I nod. "Then go find some facts. Your guesses are just shots in the dark. Now get to work."

"Yes sir!" I salute him. It's meant as a mock salute to insult him. He smiles. I guess he thinks I'm serious, I think as I walk into the hall and snort. What an idiot.

I send out my squad today but tell them that I'm sick and won't join today. Then I head home and analyze the letter from the trash.

These ghouls make some pretty good points. I want to talk to this slasher guy. Learn more.

I grab my quinque and head out in search of ghouls. I head down alleys and ask homeless people if they know who slasher is. Always a no. Ugh.

Night falls before I finally find some way to contact him. By contact him I mean I found him.

"Um, excuse me, do you know who slasher is?"

"Do I know who slasher is? Hell yeah." He's kicks my quinque far away and pins me to the wall. "What do you want with me?"

"I want to talk to you. About this letter. I found it in the trash because Jace doesn't know how to think. But I understand. Take whatever precautions you want. But let me talk to you. Please." I flash the letter and smile pretty. What's not convincing about me? I'm a pretty ginger with wavy hair. Talk to me man. This is an awkward pause. He's going to kill me maybe.

"Fine. I'll talk. But I have to blindfold you and carry you away with me."

I nod. "Sounds great to me! Let's go!" And then he ties me up and blindfolds me and carries me. This is totally not terrifying at all. Not even a little....