Revenge

At breakfast, there are announcements about the gi attack.

A leader stands up. He's 'the wolf' because of his mask. "As you know, we were attacked by the gi. This will not be ignored. We will strike back. Tomorrow night. Everyone will eat a full body right before. Then, we fight in waves. Our children and allies were killed like nothing. We will be merciless. We start with sector twenty and move up. Bring your masks. Even if you have lost each limb and you are about to die, do what you can to end them. If your kagune is gone, steal a gun or quinque or use your hands. Sacrifice your lives for this, but try not to die. Meet here at 10pm. We leave at 11."

So we send in the weakest. That's fucked up. Kill off the weak instead of protecting them. Both groups are wrong. We should kill as little as possible. But tomorrow, we fight.

We all meet up at night and eat. We feel prepared. The sectors head out together in the sewers. The twentieth sector goes in and they are slaughtered, but they do some damage. The next sector. And the next. The weak are dying. My old friends. Then the tenth and all above storm in. We slash and kill. I'm in the lead. This is what I was made to do. I launch into one room only to find one person. He grabs a gun but I slap it away. Talking his hand with it. Only then to I recognize him.