No Choice

That fluffy white hair. Casper. He's a gi. Had I bothered to talk to him more, I might have known that. But I didn't. I gasp. I'm paralyzed. What can I do... Nothing... I can't do anything because I can't move.... No. But he doesn't know it's me. I can't bring myself to hurt him. But he can hurt me. He grabs his quinque. How long has he been doing this for?

He swings at me, barely grazing my face, but knocking my mask off. Blood pours from his wrist, where his hand was. He freezes. He recognizes me.

"F-Felix? You're...youre... A... No... You can't be Felix.... Who are you.... Felix... No no no you're a ghoul... I thought they had killed you... I became.... I became a gi to, to avenge you... But now?.... You... Must...DIE!" And he rushes at me screaming. I jump aside with ease.

"Casper listen you don't understand.... Casper wait...." He swings over and over. Rage in his eyes, but there are tears streaming down his face. I feel crushed by his expression. I freeze and get hit. Now my hand is also gone. I have no choice. He knows who I am. He'll kill me or send others to kill me. I'm not safe with him alive. He isn't my friend anymore. He's an enemy. "I'm sorry Casper" I whisper.

I whip my bikaku around and his head falls. I collapse. This world is broken. Beyond repair. Both humans and ghouls are bad. The gi is bad. The hive is bad. I won't help either. We were forced to battle. Two best friends. This is all wrong.

I jump out the window and run down the wall and take off, stumbling as I go.