Caitlin

I feel Michael's hands pressed against my sides.  I feel his breaths tickle the hair on the back of my neck.  I feel the babies kicking me, all of them too eager to enter the world.

I also need to really pee.  For the tenth time tonight.

Michael is lucky that he's a heavy sleeper, or he would waking up every hour when I ease myself in and out of bed.

I finish my business with the toilet quickly and wash my hands.  Then began the long struggle back to my bed.

I am standing in the threshold of the door, gathering the will to take the last few steps, when I feel something cold and metallic press against my temple.

My mind screams at me to freeze, but my feet are already glued to the floor.

There's a gun pressed to my head.  There's a stupid gun pressed to my head in my own home with my boyfriend sleeping like ten feet away.

The irony hits me a bit, and I fail to swallow the entirety of a half-sob, half-laugh.

"Be quiet if you want to live," the person behind the gun hisses, digging the metal a little deeper into my face.  "I want you to wake up your boyfriend and convince him to come quietly as well."

I stare at Michael's sleeping form, wondering if I could potentially lead my boyfriend to his death.

"How did you get in?" I ask instead.

He pokes me in the back.  "Wake him up.  Now."

I manage to step forward and place my hand on Michael's back.  "Michael, wake up."

As expected, he doesn't even stir, and I shrug innocently.  "He's a really heavy sleeper.  I doubt a tornado followed by an earthquake could wake him."

"Don't you dare move or make a sound," my soon-to-be kidnapper says.  "Otherwise, I'll shoot both of you."

Before I can even wonder what he's going to do, the pistol in his hand snaps down to whack Michael hard across the face.

"Cait, no need to hit me with the alarm clock.  I swear I was...oh, you're not Caitlin," Michael loses his sleepy demeanor once he realizes that he wasn't hit by an alarm clock.

"Get up quietly and follow me, or this will become very painful for all of you."

My boyfriend stares up at me, silently asking if I want him to fight this guy or something.  I shake my head slightly, and he stands with a sigh.

"I hope you realize the consequences of doing this," Michael tells him.  "None of our parents are the sort that will just sit back when their kid goes missing.  You will be hunted to the ends of the earth."

"Shut up," our kidnapper hisses, and something seems to click in Michael's mind.

"What do you think you're doing, man?  Are you nuts?" He snaps, turning around and shoving the other hard.  "My girlfriend is pregnant, and this could possibly cause her to go into premature labor.  If you think this is going to endear you to Leslie, you're dead wrong!"

I gasp, realizing exactly who he is and open my mouth to say his name when I realize that he's poising the gun to hit Michael across the temple.

Dumbly, I throw myself between the two of them, and I feel the cold metal collide with my head.

"Caitlin, no!" I hear Michael yell before my world sparkles with stars, and everything goes black.

Progress with 2359

Note: Crap...

How is this supposed to help anything?  Conking the pregnant lady doesn't seem to help our cause any.  However, proceed, if that's how it's supposed to go, because I am not part of the plan development.