Don's Daughter [Joc]

"No but listen Jamie, I can't get over the way he looked at me! His eyes were so open and inviting. I have to meet him." you say talking to your friend about the Dodger Gala you attended with your dad earlier that evening. 

"Goodnight (y/n)." he calls out. 

"Goodnight dad." you shout back at him. 

"Goodnight Jamie. I'll let you know if I see him tomorrow." you say to her as you hang up. 

**The Next Day** 

"Alright let's go (y/n). I need to be there early! It's press day." your dad Don Mattingly, the team manager, calls out at you. 

"Coming dad!" you say meeting him at the door. 

"Is every day press day?" you ask him jokingly. 

As you arrive at the clubhouse your dad has specific instructions for you. 

"Okay listen (y/n), I'm going to be in the conference hall, I want you to sit in my office and clock in every boy that comes in and write down the time next to it." he says. 

"Yes dad, you've made me do this before. Now go!" you say rushing your dad off. 

After about 10 boys clock in, you start losing hope of seeing that guy again. 

"Pederson. 2:00 p.m." this guy says. 

You look up, and that's him, that's the guy. 

"Got it." you say out loud, hoping he'll notice the girl voice. 

"Ohh you're not Mattingly." he says. 

"Actually I am, I'm his daughter." you say. 

"Really? Someone as gorgeous as yourself?" he says taking a seat in one of the chairs. 

"Yeah, I guess so." you say.

"So can I get a first name?" you ask him. 

"It's Joc, and you are?" he asks. 

"Ohh I'm, (y/n)." you say with a smile. 

"Pretty name." he says. 

"I think you should go practice, I don't want to get you in trouble." you say. 

"He left here around 1:05 leaving you in charge right?" he asks. 

"Yeah, why?" you ask. 

"He'll be back by 2:30, which will give me enough time to stretch and talk to a pretty lady." he says standing up beginning to stretch. The two of you begin to talk and it became 2:25 real fast. 

"Ohh I think you should start leaving, it's 2:26." you say. 

"It was nice meeting you (y/n)." he says. 

"It was nice meeting you too Joc." you smile as he walks out. During the game, you had to stay in the clubhouse and watch the game from in there. 

"Are you hungry?" a text pops up on your phone. 

"Starving." you reply. 

"Go to the player's kitchen and just say your my daughter. She'll feed you." your dad replies. 

You make your way to the kitchen and get some food and quickly sit to watch the game. 

"What do you think of the game?" the lady asks you. 

"I think it's very good, I've seen it most of my life." you say laughing. 

"Ohh yes, with Mattingly as your dad, you must've seen it all." she says. 

"I guess you can say that." you say laughing. 

The game comes to a quick end and your dad takes you home immediately so you don't see shirtless/naked guys. You call your friend Jamie once you get home. 

"Jamie he was there! We talked and everything and he called me pretty and gorgeous." you say squealing. 

"OMG YAY! WHATS HIS NAME?" she asks. 

"(Y/n)! Come down please." your dad yells from downstairs. 

"Got to go Jamie, I'll tell you more later." you say as you hang up.

As you walk down the stairs you call out, "Which room are you in?" 

"We're in the living room." he says. 

"Who's we?" you think to yourself. 

When you walk into the living room, you see a well dressed Joc and a curious dad. "Yes?" you ask. 

"Take a seat next to me sweetie." he says as he pats a seat next to him. 

"So Joc here tells me, that he talked to you today, and that he has something to ask us." your dad tells you. 

"Thank you Don. I wanted to ask you, if I can take your daughter, (y/n), out for dinner some time. If you don't want me to, I understand." he says. 

You look at your dad to see his reaction. 

"Joc, I'm quite shocked, no one has ever came to sit down to talk to me before asking my daughter out. But you have my approval boy. But the hard part is going to be convincing (y/n) to go on a date with you." he says looking at you. 

"Ohh haha dad, I'm not that hard, but I'm not too easy. Of course Joc, I'd love to go on a date with you." you say to him. 

"Well aren't you guys going to hug or something?" Don says out loud, which causes you and Joc to awkwardly hug. 

"I'll pick you up tomorrow at 7 for our date." he says kissing you on your hand and then shaking your dad's hand before leaving. 

"You know, I've always liked that kid, but if he hurts you, I'm trading him!" your dad says. 

"Okay dad, thanks for the threat." you say laughing as you hug your dad before heading to your room.