Alleyway

Rating: S for Straights

Pairing: a guy and a girl for the first time in like 5 years

Based off of: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Other notes: I wrote this in about 15 minutes so sorry for any errors!

  ~~~~~~~~~~ 

As I pulled away from the lighter she had extended towards me, I looked her up and down, pausing on her haircut. "So you're a lesbian?"

She snorted. "Having short hair doesn't make me a lesbian."

The girl beside her smacked her in the arm. "But liking girls does."

She looked angrily at the girl beside her, then rolled her eyes. "She's right. You win. I'm a big homo."

I laughed. "And what about you, princess?"

I hadn't been paying much attention to the girl next to her, but she suddenly caught my eye. Rolling waves of light brown hair fell around her shoulders and back. She wore a grey long sleeved shirt, the sleeves going just past her fingertips, which was tucked into a pair of rather flattering light blue high waisted jeans.

She grinned. "Unfortunately, I'm interested in men."

I propped myself against the brick wall beside me, leaning over the two girls. "That so?"

Short hair scowled at me. "That doesn't necessarily mean she's interested in you, creep."

Long hair met my eyes. "Actually, this time, it does."

Short hair looked a bit taken aback before walking out of the small alleyway. "Whatever." She called behind her. "Go at it like rabbits for all I care. Text me later, Heath."

I looked to the girl who I was now alone in an alley with. "Your name is Heath?"

She scooted closer to me. "Heather, actually. But York is into nicknames." She paused for a second to size me up. "And you?"

"Jack."

She snorted. "Really?"

"What's wrong with the name Jack?"

"I was just expecting something more... dynamic."

I raised an eyebrow. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Heather just shook her head. "Don't worry about it."

We stood there for a moment, enjoying the silence. I took a long drag on my cigarette before continuing. "So, shall we get a motel room?"

She flicked me in the forehead, causing me to stumble back a step. "What the hell do you take me for, a hooker?"

"W-well, no, I just... I thought--"

She cut me off. "You thought wrong. At LEAST have the decency to buy me dinner first. Hmph." She fluffed her hair and adjusted her choker, which I noticed had a small moon pendant right in the middle of her neck.

I sighed. "Alright, princess, where do you wanna eat?"

She rolled her eyes. "You're pitiful with women. You know that, right?"

"I was hoping you wouldn't notice."

She turned on her heel and began marching away, leaving my leather jacket wearing ass in her dust. I began to jog towards her. "Hey!" I called after her. "Where do you think you're going?"

She turned suddenly, nearly causing me to crash into her. "To get dinner." She replied snarkily. "You can join me, if you must."

Through the sass, I couldn't help but be inexplicably charmed by her. "I'll pay."

I caught her grinning. "Damn right you will."

I dropped my cigarette, crushing it into the concrete with my heel. I had more important things to do now. And the things were named Heather.