Chapter 5

(A/N): This got almost 400 views and it's been out less than a week. How.
SO HERE IS A FABULOUS PICTHA FOR YA OF TRAVIS
YAY

Zane's POV-
We've been at the park for about two hours.
Two very, very painful hours. I had to watch Katelyn beat up Travis and Travis flirt with Katelyn. Not sure which one hurt the most. Not sure why they hurt either.
Finally, Katelyn had enough and punched him in the gut. Travis fell and Katelyn kept kicking him ruthlessly, until he was covered in his own blood, and she scoffed and left. I didn't interfere. I wish I did, but I just couldn't.
Then Travis did something I never thought I'd see him do. He curled up against a tree and cried. I sighed and took off my mask, something I really didn't want to do, and soaked it with water from a small creek in the park.
I knelt down next to Travis and gently began to clean his bruises and scratches. "Zane? What are you-"
"Shush." I silenced him, and Travis sniffles and did as I said.
When all the blood was gone, I washed off my mask in the creek. It was too wet to put on now, so I just sat next to Travis, not speaking.
"Thanks." Travis muttered.
"It's nothing. No need to thank me for it." I reply curtly.
"No, seriously, thanks. That wasn't very kind of Katelyn..."
I shook my head angrily and looked him in the eye. "She's a jerk, Travis, when will you realize that? She doesn't deserve you. If she can't she you're a great person with good intentions deep down, then she's blind and idiotic. I don't see why you keep stumbling after her like a lost puppy when all she does is kick you around!" I'm practically yelling now, angry at Katelyn, at Travis, and at the world in general.
Travis hung his head. "Yeah...I honestly don't know either." He cast a glance at Katelyn, who was with Aph at the moment. "Maybe I should move on..."
"Yeah. Maybe. Listen, I'm gonna go now. Don't let her push you around, OK?"
Travis nodded, and I started to walk off.
"And Zane?" Travis called from behind me.
"Yeah?" I stopped and looked back.
"You should wear that mask less often. You look cute without it." Travis gave me an innocent and genuine smile.
Heat rushed through my cheecks as I unmistakably blushed, and I quickly looked away and ran off to my house, one thought on my mind:
Did he just call me cute?

Travis's POV-
Zane seemed really flustered after I called him cute. I stood up, aching, and told Aphmau I was heading home, Katelyn glaring at me the whole time. You know, I think Zane's right. For someone who's never loved, he gives good advice. I should probably move on from Katelyn. Zane's right, she is a jerk. I thought of Zane and smiled. I'm moving on, alright...
Wait.
What?