08 | feelings & kisses

Maya and Riley woke up the next day. It felt weird all over again. Maya immediately got up and changed into her everyday clothes.

Riley got up as well and changed. Maya walked over to Riley
"Good Morning honey!" Maya said. Riley smiled
"Good morning peaches" Riley said while combing through her brown locks.

Maya observed Riley's features. She was beautiful, Maya's feelings developed the past couple of days.

"I like you Riley" Maya said with no hesitation. Riley stopped combing her hair
"What?" Riley asked confused
"I like you Riley, I've always liked you" Maya told her.

"I like you too Maya" Riley said realizing the fact that she did like Maya.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Riley asked
"Because I didn't know you would feel the same way but you do so" Maya said.

Riley smiled and stared into Maya's eyes. Her feelings were developing more and more.

Maya's phone rang breaking their connection. She reached in her back pocket and answered it, it was Lucas. Maya rolled her eyes and held the phone up to her ear.

"Who is it?" Riley mouthed
"Lucas" Maya mouthed back. Riley nodded and Maya walked away.

"What do you want?" Maya asked
"It's an emergency I need you here now!" Lucas said
"Oh um okay I'll be there soon!" Maya said hurried and hanged up.

Maya ran to Riley
"I'll be back, Lucas said he needs me there asap" Maya said
"Okay come back soon" Riley said.

Maya ran out the door. She took the subway to Lucas' place.

Maya knocked on his door softly. He opened immediately and Maya walked in.

"Why did you need me Lucas?" Maya asked calmly
"I want you here to talk about us" He said. Maya looked at him confused
"Why? There is no us" Maya told him.

"Well, you see um.. I like you Maya" Lucas said. Maya scoffed
"You didn't feel that way the day I went to the party with Ethan!" Maya yelled.

"Feelings change Maya" Lucas said and grabbed Maya's hand
"I love you Maya".

Maya furrowed her brows. Lucas leaned closer to her face, he gently placed his lips on hers. Maya broke the kiss.

"I'm sorry Lucas, I can't" Maya walked out of his house. He watched her shocked he was sure she would feel the same way.

Maya walked home instead of taking the bus, she was trying to figure out what she was gonna tell Riley.

She walked into her house. She saw Riley playing with Farkle and smiled. Riley looked up.

"Your back" Riley said. Maya walked to them, Farkle smiled and hugged Maya.

"Riley was playing with me when you were gone" he told Maya. Riley smiled and so did Maya
"I see, go to your room I have to tell Riley something" Maya said and Farkle ran too his room.

"What do you need to tell me?" Riley asked
"Well I wanted to tell you what Lucas wanted me for " Maya said.

"What did he need you for?" Riley asked again getting more concerned
"He wanted me so he could tell me he loves me and"
"He told me feelings change then..... we um, kissed" Maya's voice trailed off.

Riley furrowed her brows and scoffed, she walked to the door
"Riley, wait!" Maya said while grabbing Riley's shoulder.

Riley waved her hand in the air aiming it too Maya's face. Maya quickly grabbed her hand and smiled, she pulled Riley closer and grabbed her face.

She placed her lips on Riley's, it taste like strawberry and mango. Maya loved it, Riley loved it. They love each other and now they know it.
-
Finally.