15 | trips & troubles pt.3

Riley and the gang headed back to Pappy Joes' place for the night. Lucas was annoyed of the fact that he had to pay for the whole meal.

"Thanks huckleberry for the food" Maya said with an mischievous smile
"Yeah, you're welcome. The total was one hundred and fifty bucks!" Lucas complained. Riley scoffed.

"We waste more on a dinner in New York" she said walking into the creaky floored house. Pappy Joe was laying on the couch.

Maya furrows her brows
"He's already asleep ?!".
"It's eleven Maya, of course he's sleeping" Riley whispered as they walked slowly to the room. Maya stopped by Pappy Joe and placed her finger onto his top lip and under his nose.

Her expression went from confused to worried
"Lucas!" She yelled. Lucas came running from his room to Maya
"He's not breathing!" She continued. Lucas ran to the phone with fear written in his eyes.

"Hello! I need an abu--" Lucas said interrupted by the nurses rushing through the door with their medical bags and equipment.

"Hurry get him into the ambulance!" Maya whined softly. She was breathing in and out, Riley placed her hand onto Maya's shoulder and hugged her
"It's gonna be okay Maya, he's gonna do just fine".

Maya nodded softly and followed the nurses out the wooden house as they blabbered medical terms and uses.

•••

Everyone arrived at the hospital worried, Lucas had his head in his hands sighing as the gang sat on the blue chairs, in the waiting room.

Lucas shook his head in disbelief
"No, no this can't be happening" he said. Maya looked at him with wide eyes and leaned on his shoulders
"It's gonna be okay, he's gonna be okay Lucas" Maya said comforting Lucas.

"Just the thought of loosing him hurts me Maya". Maya looked at him as he dazed in his thoughts. Riley couldn't help but watch how much they're bonding, talking, and how they're so comfortable with each other, but she knows that they're just friends.

As a nurse with short blond hair and sparkling blue eyes came out and we all rushed up and to her.

"So is he okay? How is he?" Lucas immediately asked as all were anxious to see the results. The nurse didn't look so happy.

She sighed "Unfortunately, we couldn't help Joe. His heart stopped and there was nothing we could do to save him. I'm so sorry" She said and walked away.

All Lucas could feel was hurt, sadness, shocked and devastated.
"Lucas, I'm sorry" Riley said rubbing his shoulder too comfort him. He didn't reply, he ran out the hospital without saying a word.

He screamed and punched the nearest tree from the exit and rested his head on his arms and sobbed. He was so done with everything, he thought life isn't worth living if people are just gonna leave. Until Elena came out and comforted him.

He knew no matter how bad things get, he'll always have Elena.
"I'm so sorry baby, I can't imagine how devastated you are. I hope everything turns out okay for you. I love you" She said giving him a kiss on his cheek and grasping him into a tight hug.

Riley and Maya stayed with each other in the room devastated. They didn't say much to each other only simple things like
"Are you okay?" or "How do you feel?".

Maya held Riley in a tight embrace
"You mean so much to me, Riley" Maya said softly
"I love you"
"I love you too baby"

-
so finally i'm back & it took so long ugh

this is such a bad chapter because i absolutely had no inspiration for a new chapter except for wavyworld who basically told me to write (: