0.8

"Hey, you want to see something cool? I pulled something from dad's archives. Well, timely. FDR signed the Land-Lease bills with these in 1941. Provided support to the allies when they needed most." Tony handed him two pens in a box, those are so cool...she sarcastically thought to herself as she looked at Tony.

"Someone said it brought our country closer to war." Steve replied clearly agitated with the Stark.

"Seen enough of these, you wouldn't be here. I'm trying to, what do you call it? a... an al'fermage."

"Is that what you call it?" Caterina mumbled looking around before her eyes settled on the screen outside the glass wall to where Bucky was, she just wanted to know if he was okay.

"Is Pepper here? I didn't see her."

"We are... kinda...well not kinda..." Tony stuttered not knowing how to put whatever he needed to say into words.

"Pregnant?" Steve guessed looking up at Tony. Caterina snorted, Tony taking care of a baby, nope wouldn't be good, but she had to admit it would be nice to see a different side of him.

"No, definitely not. We're taking a break. It's nobody's fault." Caterina looked at Tony with sadness, he clearly wasn't himself without Pepper, she was always by his side and now she wasn't. It probably destroyed him when she decided to leave him.

"I'm so sorry, Tony." Steve glanced at his former friend, Caterina looking down before raising her head a bit to glance at Tony, whose forehead was creased.

"I didn't know."

"Few years ago, I almost lost her, so I trashed all my suits. Then, we had to muck up Hydra. And then Ultron, my fault. And then, and then, and then. I never stopped. Cause the truth is I don't wanna stop. I don't want to lose her. I thought maybe the Accords can split the difference. In her defense, I'm her handful. Yet, dad was a pain in the ass, but he and mom always made it work."

Tony spoke with grace, he got that from his dad most likely to Cats thoughts, the battle they fought together proved that Tony was a good man. Caterina had forgiven him for what he had done, he was grateful to that, he couldn't live with himself knowing that Caterina despised him.

"You know, I'm glad Howard got married. I only knew him when he was young and single." Steve tried to ease the tension of the room, the pens still laying in front of the solider.

"Oh really? You two know each other? He never mentioned that. Maybe only a thousand times. God, I hated you." Tony snorted facing the glass wall.

"I don't mean to make things difficult."

"I know. Because you're a very polite person." Tony pointed his finger at Cap before looking back at the young Maximoff waiting for her to speak, but her mouth didn't move.

"If I see a situation pointed south, I can't ignore it. Sometimes I wish I could." Caterina agreed with him. The situation they were now put under, Caterina shook her head, the drug still evident in her mind making it jumbled. Steve looked at the teenager clearly worried.

"No, you don't."

"No, I don't."

"Sometimes...Sometimes I wanna punch you in your perfect teeth. But I don't wanna see you gone. We need you, Cap. Until further nothing's happen that can't be undone, please... sign. The both of you. We can make the last 24 hours legit. Barnes gets transferred to an American psych center instead of a Wakanda prison. I'm not saying it's impossible. But there would have to be safeguards, Sure. Once we put out the PR fire, these documents can be amended. I filed a motion to have you, Wanda and the kid reinstated."