Is Your Heart Taken? VIII : Envelope

I turn off the engine and got off of the car. I grabbed my bag and started walking my way in the bar. I saw one police car parked on the parking lot. I went in the bar, never been here. It was dark, and the beaming different colors of lights are hurting my eyes.

Now I'm completely lost, people dancing and bumping me. Beers pouring around on the dance floor, good thing I was somehow able to dodge it. I don't know how will I find the officer in a place like this.

I put my phone out and was about to call the police who called me when someone from my back tapped my shoulder.

"Mrs. Corton right?" He asked.

With the dim lights and blinking colorful spotlights, I still easily recognized the officer. His face is exactly as it is the last few weeks I met him on the beach.

"I'm sorry to bring you here. Let's sit." He offered.

I immediately accept his offer, I am tired already and my eyes hurt, it feels like I'm gonna faint anytime now.

We reached the leather circular lounge with only two of us. The place is a little bit brighter than on the dancing floor. I can completely see the face of the officer.

"I'm really sorry to bring you down here" he repeated. "I'm officer Richt. Mrs. Chloie Corton, right?" I nodded, he handed me a brown envelope. "Not to make it long, that's the basic information of the two suspects. They were said that they passed by the greenfield, station 7B under Genhiva, riding a white truck with four obvious big canvas of paintings on the back. That's why 7B called us for the information. And I think that you need the information ASAP, so I called you out even though I'm in the middle of a situation here"

I held the envelope tight and said, "thank you officer Richt. And I'm sorry for the inconvenience officer."

"It's my job." He smiled at me warmly.

One officer went to our table and interrupted, "I'm sorry for interrupting." He said then turned to Richt. "There's sizzling hot fight over there." He pointed near the dance floor.

"Two in a day?! What a mess." Richt said.

"The guy seems heavily drunk with his two girlfriends." He informed.

"I'll be there." Richt said, then the officer left. Then he turned to me, "I really have to handle such a situation. And I have so many things to discuss with you, would you mind staying?" He asked. He waited for an answer and when I nodded, he immediately left.

I was left alone, I decided to order a cocktail, something I haven't had for a while. I sipped it and eventually, there's not a single drop left. I always check my watch to check the time. Xander might be worrying so much.

I stood up and started looking for Richt. I pass by the dance floor, but still couldn't find him. I never thought that this bar is that big. Then I spotted his broad back from the distance, talking to the officer earlier and some drunk pals.

I went to interrupt, I poked him and he turned to face me.

"Oh hey Mrs. Corton." He greeted.

"Oh, hey." I said, "I'd like to tell y--" I was cut off when someone put his arms on my shoulder. I immediately made distance.

"Is that your 'another' girlfriend?!" A high-pitched irritating voice of a girl said.

"So we are three?!" Another girl said crossing her arms on her chest.

"What.." I asked in confusion.

"Four.." Someone answered putting his arms back on my shoulder, the smell of liquor is all over me. "Or five.. Maybe?" He said then burst out laughing. He raised his head up, his face shows recognition, so does mine.