Is Your Heart Taken? IV : Xander

"Babe!" I can see Xander a few meters now away from me. He must be worrying.

I turned my frown to a smile, half fake. I was really happy to see him, I was happy to get out of that place too.

"Hey." I greeted when I am already in front of him, he peck a kiss on my lips. "You here long?" I asked.

"Nah, just got here." Although his face says he's been waiting for ages, and I know he's not the 'where-with-who-when-go-home-now' husband. He wanted it to come from me.

 "I attended a party Sheigh was invited to." I started, "we stand there awkwardly for 30 minutes, it's not a fun party." I honestly said, not detailing more about James.

"Why don't we go out and have dinner outside?" He asked, trying to cheer me up and honestly, it really cheered me up.

We talked more about our day while walking near the shore. He talked about how his work is hard, how he sipped coffee and his tongue still hurts, his officemate George didn't attend the meeting and how he doesn't like the iced tea on a nearby restaurant. While I talked about a ball rolling near my feet and there I saw a kid, how my students welcomed me to the gallery and the music Sheigh and I played when we're on our way. Those simple things that we talked about is something very valuable to him, I don't remember all of it detailed but I can tell more than half.

But time to time, my mind flies to James. I even tried to convince myself that he was just lying, and tomorrow, he'll tell me that he's actually Niall. He'd joke about how he pranked me and everything. But I know that I'm just trying to think like early teenage crushes, that it will be impossible. That James is James.

"Chloie?" I snapped away from my daydreaming when I heard his voice. We're in a restaurant, I sit here and he sits in front of me. He's holding my hand which rests on the table. The food is already half served. And there, James' worried face.

"Yes?" I asked, as if I don't have any idea of what was happening to me.

"Is there something wrong?" He asked.

He knows there's something that happened, that there's something he needs to know, something that I'm keeping from him. I sighed before answering, "There's this guy I just met, he looks exactly.. As someone I know." I said slowly.

He looked down at his food, then whispered. "He looks like Niall." It wasn't a question. It made me look up in surprise.

I used to tell him about Niall. I used to tell him every detail I remember about Niall. And that was when I move next to their house, 9 years ago, I was 11 years old. I told him I'm in love, I even told him that Niall was my boyfriend. Surprising me the next few months confessing about his feelings. I told him I'm taken, I told him I love Niall, I told him hurt words yet he pursues what he feels. He loved me more than anyone can, he accepted me more than anyone could and he didn't left me like Niall did. And he waited more than I could wait for Niall. 5 years of courting, I finally said yes. And from that day on to today, I never

mentioned Niall's name so does he.

I chuckled and nodded, "Funny why his mother didn't name him Niall" I tried to make a laugh, but all it gives is shiver down my spine.

The next thing he looked up at me took ages. He never mentioned Niall again. I can feel that he doesn't want such topic, I don't want too. We tried to talk about other things but it doesn't lead us to something, we always open up another topic, and we're running out of it.

"Are you tired?" He asked.

I nodded, "There's so many things that happened for one day.." I said.