Is Your Heart Taken? XV : Unlike you

The moment he pulled away, Xander was already on his back, pulled his shirt and smacked him directly on the face. Niall fell on the ground face-first.

This Xander… he was no longer the Xander I know. His eyes are no longer full of love but instead full of anger. He might kill Niall.

I opened my mouth to say something and stop Xander, but I found myself just standing there. Watching. I can’t seem to move my hands or even fingers.

Xander, will all his might lifted Niall by his shirt from the ground. The next moment was so fast that I just shouted “No!!” before I could even stop Xander. He punched Niall directly on the stomach, Niall started blurting out blood.

I covered the lower part of my face to my shock. Niall stood up, and was about to fight back when Xander punched him on the face then Niall faced the floor again. Niall stood up once again, I guess he’s dizzy because he tried to throw a punch to Xander but all he did was punch the air.

Xander was about to blow his strongest punch to… actually kill Niall when I run as fast as I can and grabbed his arms. “Stop.. Xander.” I said.

At first he tried to insist but then gave up. He sighed angrily and stared at me then to Niall. He looked down, and angrily snatched away his arms from my grip. It feels like the time stopped and became slow as his arms slide away from my hands.

With the force he used to snatched away his hands, I dropped on my knees and ended up on the ground. I can see him slowly fading away as he entered the house – slamming the door from his back.

“Uhh..” Niall started saying. I glanced at him as he struggled to sit next to me. His face full of dripping blood. I reached for the handkerchief in my pocket and started wiping the blood on his face, “What are you going to do now?” He asked.

I looked down as tears dripped down my face, I shook my head and said, “I don’t know.”

“You have to know.” He said reaching for my hands.

I looked at our hands intertwined the looked at him, “How about you?” I asked..

“Who will you choose then?” He asked, that made me stare at him in horror. “Is it me …. Or is it… him?” He asked.

I shook my head and started thinking of what am I doing. He’s asking me to choose in between a wounded heart inside of Xander and a wounded body in front of me.

I have hurt Xander… I am hurting him for the last thirteen years, yet here I am. With Niall.

“Of course.. it’s him.” I answered, I let go of his hands and run to the doorstep. Before I open the door, I looked back and saw him struggling to stand up, wiping the blood on his face. But I guess it wasn’t blood.. it was tears.

“Xander..” I called as I entered the house. I found him in the kitchen, he was standing there, his back on me. He’s holding on to a glass of water on the kitchen.

“How was him?” He asked in the midst of silence. “Is he hurt? Are you done wiping the blood on his face?” He asked.

I struggled to find the right words.. “Sorry.. I’m so sorry..”

I was about to say more when I jumped in surprise when the glass he’s holding onto cracked right on his hands. He stood there staring at how the cut on his hand slowly turned to red and blood started dripping. He looked back at me and said, “I’m sorry that I can’t be that man” He said and walked away.

My knees got weak and I almost drop on my knees. I reached for the sofa and sat there. That’s when I started crying.. sobbing. My phone in my pocket vibrates continuously as it registered to my mind that someone’s calling.