Is Your Heart Taken? XII : Am I too late?

I woke up with my blanket covering my body. I yawned and started stretching my arms. “Good Morning, Chloie.” As I would greet myself early in the morning.

I stood up and went outside of the room, still on my pajamas. Just like what’s always on the kitchen table, there was my breakfast lying. I thought of it for a moment, Xander is back already? But then I remembered, “Oh, James!” I said in surprise.

I scanned the room, but all I see was the couch and a not-well-folded blanket. I guess he already left. I sat on the chair and started digging in. Almost choke on the first bite, it doesn’t taste good. A note, sat next to the bowl, it says:

“Why am I here?”

“Because you’re drunk as hell.” I said, laughing.

I finished the porridge with a not-very-good appetite. But I surely can taste the effort he exerted making this.

After cleaning the house, I received a text from Xander. It says:

“Good Morning sweetheart, how’s your night? Did you kiss the pillow goodnight for me?” He said.

“My night isn’t good.” I replied, “But it surely was troublesome making my own breakfast without you.” I joked, lying.

After texting that, I immediately received a call.

“Good Morning.” Xander greeted.

I smiled, “Hey, good morning.” I said.

“Have you eaten your breakfast already?” He asked.

“Yup.” I answered, “When will you be back?”

“Later. I’ll be there before dinner. This I promise you.” He said.

“I surely hope you were here.” I said.

“It’s really good hearing your voice early this morning” He said, he talked about his day yesterday. More of which he worked over time and have to sleep around one o’clock in the morning. He even said that he can’t sleep well without me on his side. That actually made me smile. I exchanged some stories of mine, I said I dropped by some clothing stores and probably buy the stuffs I needed today. I told him the bad news about the criminals, that they no longer can retrieve the paintings. All throughout, I never hinted him about James nor about Niall.

After we talked for about an hour. I decided to take a shower and leave the house for some break time. While I was picking clothes to wear for this day, I received a text from James saying that he was sorry for last night. I didn’t mind to reply, so I left the text hanging there.

I wore a shirt and short to start the day. I planned to have the grocery today and just start shopping for clothes.

I went out at exactly ten in the morning. I wore my sandals preparing myself for a long walk. Eventually, while I was walking I realized that I’m getting bored doing some grocery, so I’ll probably just go shopping. While I was walking down the road, I noticed someone, Sheigh.

“Chloie!!” She greeted me with a huge smile, a cup of coffee clasp both on her hands.

“Hey!” I greeted back, “Long time no see!” I said.

“Oh well, I’m pretty sure you’re busy lately.”

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“’What am I doing here’? You asked?! What’s new, I’m always around, you know that I prefer outside. While you prefer inside the house, what made you go here?” She asked, chuckling.

“I was about to do the grocery, but I guess I’ll do some shopping.” I answered.

“Why didn’t you call me!! We should’ve gone together!” She said, pouting his lips in disappointment.