Is Your Heart Taken? VII : "Everything will be alright"

"What happened?" Xander immediately asked.

"The.. The g-gallery.." I said as tears fall down on my cheeks.

His face shows that he doesn't completely know what was happening, yet he said, "I'll come with you." He said rising from the bed.

My hands started trembling. I don't know what to do.. I don't know what will happen next. I stood up and followed Xander outside. He's already starting up the car, he get out of the car and opened the passenger's door for me.

"Thanks." All I could manage to say. I sat still but then buried my face on my knees. He reached for the driver's seat and started driving.

I'm still on my nighties and Xander is still on his pj's. I tremble harder, it's cold. It's 5 o'clock in the morning. I still sat still, burying my face.

"Hey.." He said, might be checking if I'm sleeping.

I put my heads up and saw him offering me his upper pj's leaving him nothing but his tanktop.

"It's cold.." He said. I didn't hesitate to accept his upper pj. It lessens the trembling but didn't completely vanished.

I sat there trembling, with my hands covering my legs. "Aren't you cold?" I asked.

"I'm fine." He said, but I could see his legs tremble.

I looked on my right side to see nothing but dark field. I can't get my mind out of thinking what happened. The voice of Khen came rushing in my mind. How his voice trembles hard, the sound of sirens of police and people talking randomly.

"I'm nervous, Xander." I said.

I felt his hand hold mine, "I know that nothing's fine and I should not say that 'everything's fine'. But I know that everything will be fine." He said.

I looked at him and he gave me a sad sweet smile. "Thank you." I mouthed.

After a few minutes, we heard the loud sirens of the police. The sight of the beach slowly came to view. I went straight out when Xander finally parked the car. Still on my nighties and too-big upper pj of Xander on mine and before I could even reach the place, my students with swollen eyes came to welcome me.

"Ms!!" All they could say.

"What.. Happened?" I asked.

"We don't know"

"It happened so fast"

"It seems like"

"Khen.."

They chorusedly said.

"Can someone explain. Someone." I said.

Sharmaine walks in front and told me what happened.

"We were all asleep in our places when it happened. I actually woke up in the middle of the night when I heard Khen stood up and left the room. At that time, I can't find my sleep back. I lay down and after about 30 minutes of lying down, I heard the door slammed open.

There, Khen stood up with such shocked on his face. I stood up to ask him what happened but all he could do was to stutter. He can't complete a sentence and started crying. I went to the gallery, together with some and there, it explains everything.

The gallery has been robbed. Some paintings has been left destroyed, and some are missing.

"I almost faint, my knees started to get weak. Someone hold me from the back, but then I started standing up again.

"I contacted the police and I asked someone to call you but in the end, Khen volunteered to phone you, but he couldn't explain what happened" Sharmaine continued.