Is Your Heart Taken? X : "I'm certain"

Xander kissed me on my forehead as I finished tying his tie beneath his collar.

“You sure you’ll stay at home?” he asked.

I nodded, “I don’t have much to do in the office anyway. I’ll go to office tomorrow, don’t worry.” I said.

He shook his head, “I’m worried about you staying here all alone, you have nothing to do. Do you wnt me to stay?” He asked.

I smiled and handed off of his tie, “I’ll be fine, I promise.”

He hugged me gently. I actually never felt that he ever got bored of me. We’ve been together as married couple for two years, but I never felt him get cold to me, he’s the same Xander Corton I met 12 years ago, as sweet and gentle as ever.

“I’ll be going now.” He said, smiling at me.

I smiled back, “Take care Xander.” I said.

As he got out of the house, I went to the kitchen and started marinating the chicken for tonight. After that, I have nothing else to do, just like what Xander said. But I’ll just stress myself out if I stay at my office.

I sat on the dining seat and started arranging the roses from last night on a vase. I also put water so that it could last a bit longer. I was about to put the last rose when I got startled when the doorbell rang. I smiled, Xander must have forgotten something or maybe he is being stubborn of staying here with me again.

I sighed as I was to open the door. “I told you I’ll b---“ I was cut off seeing James before me, a perfect smirk painted on his face.

“You must have forgotten something..” He said. It must be very evident to my reaction that I really forgotten about today.

“Uhh.. Why are you he.. Uh, I mean.. How did you find my house?” I asked, in surprise.

“Friendly neighbors.. I should say. Or they really can’t resist that someone this handsome is asking for directions.” He said, with this, I was supposed to be laughing but I couldn’t, still too surprise to see him in front of me right now.

“Uhh.. c’mon.. Come in.” I said.

Without hesitation, he came entering the house. He scanned the room, it took him minutes before sitting down. I wipe my hands on my apron. He smiled at me and said, “I heard from my brother that you paint.”

I nodded smiling, “You’re very different from your brother..” I noticed.

“They say we look like twins.” He said.

I shook my head, “No.. I mean. Attitude. You have different attitude.” I said.

He looked down smiling, “Yeah..” He admitted.

“Where is he?” I asked.

“At my mom’s house.” He answered

I was about to ask that he once mention to me that he was looking for his both parents. Did he successfully found them? That must be great.. but then, I hesitated to ask.

“Uhh.. I guess, I’ll just wash myself. You make yourself comfortable here, ‘kay?” I asked.

“Sure, sure…” He answered, smiling.

I left him there. I trust him, I don’t think he’s some kind of a criminal or a burglar to rob things in this house. I took shower faster than the usual, I choose a pale brown dress to wear for this day. I still have no idea where we might look for another unknown Niall today.

I’m still drying my hair with my towel when I got out of the room. He’s not on the sofa, where I expect him to be sitting. But he’s standing straight in front of a canvas painted with a body of water. He looked at it intently then realized I was there, watching him.