[6] A New Town, A New Life, And... Him?

Ok, I know it has been a majorly long time since I've uploaded, and I am sorry for that, really I am. But here is chapter six. I really hope you guys enjoy.

Again, sorry!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jayden dropped me and my sister back off at the school. Luckily it wasn't to far away since Zoe and I were already really late since we were supposed to be home an hour ago.

My mom and dad usually keep close tabs on me and my sister, that's why, me getting my ear pierced, had to be kept between Jayden and myself. I couldn't afford to get in trouble right know.

Remembering my newly pierced ear, I pulled my hair out of its messy bun and ran my hand through it. I didn't need my sister running to my mom telling her. Zoe always tried to find reasons to get me in trouble, there was no need to help her out with that. She already got me in enough trouble as it is.

Ahh, sisterly love.

Thinking quickly, I took a quick left turn in the opposite direction of our house. If I knew one thing in the many years I've spent with my sister, is a way to shut her up and make her forget. I smiled at myself, lucky my sister was so gullible.

Pulling into the Dairy Queen parking lot, I saw her face brighten up in the rear-view mirror.

Gull-i-ble!

We didn't have very long so we weren't able to eat our ice-cream there, sadly. Dairy Queen has the best ice-cream, or so I think, and I like to eat it slow and savour the flavour. But since we didn't have time for that, we quickly ran in, ordered our ice-cream, paid, and left before ten minutes was up.

After finishing our ice-cream and driving around the block a couple times to make sure all the evidence was gone, we finally ended up at home, parents still gone.

I liked times like this, no parents, and the house to myself (well mostly. But my sister didn't really bother me that much. She knew I liked my space.)

I took this alone time as a good chance to explore the house a little. We hadn't been here long, and the days that I have been here, I was in my room unpacking, or just hiding out from getting picked to help unpack the rest of the house.

Walking around the second floor (the floor my room was on) there wasn't very much to see. One hallway, four doors... wait four doors?

Walking down the hall I tried to think why I hadn't seen that door before, it's not like it was hiding or anything, right in the open on the right side.

Weird...

I opened the door to see a cramped, pitch-black hallway with a staircase winding up the wall, it getting a bit brighter near the top of the stairs.

I walked in, closing the door behind me silently. I didn't want, Z, following me. This was my thing. I walked up the stairs, each squeaking and cracking under my light step.

When I got up the winding, creaking staircase, I found another door, although this one was slightly ajar. Pushing it open I found a huge, dusty, empty room.

This must be the attic! That made a lot of sense.

Walking further into the room, I found an old lamp which, luckily, still worked. Letting the room fill with the luminous light, making it seem a lot cosier in the room. I stood in the center, looking around the attic.

The room was huge; it didn't even look like an attic. Until you look up, that is. The roof was pointed like any normal roof, with wood pillars criss-crossing across the top. There was a window at the top with, what looked like, a thick edge, perfect for someone to sit up there. Perfect place to read, I thought.