Chapter Ten: Joel's Crush

SmallishBeans/Joel's P.O.V

~TIME SKIP TO TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE FALL DANCE~

I think I want to ask Lizzie out. She's really nice and has a great personality. I told my friend Oli that I like her, but he said I should wait till the Fall Dance to ask her out. It's coming up soon, and I want to ask Lizzie to go with me. I just hope no one else does.

It's the weekend so I'm gonna go to Oli's house so we can hang out. It's 12:51 and Oli asked if I could be over at 1:00 so I asked my mum to drive me.  Once we were at Oli's place I said goodbye to my mum and went inside. "Hey Joel. Wanna play some video games?" Oli asked as soon as I got in the door. "Yeah sure!" I said walking into the living room.

He already had the game ready and the controllers on,
so all we had to do was press play. "So Joel, are you planning to ask Lizzie to the dance?" asked Oli. "Mhm. Oli, what if she doesn't like me? What if she thinks I'm weird or something?" I asked. "Joel. You are a nice guy who gets good grades and has an amazing personality. She'd be very lucky to go to the dance with you." said Oli encouragingly. "Thanks Ol- Oh man I died!" I said. "You did? Haha you're pretty bad at this game." said Oli. "Well so are you!" I shot back. "You're not wrong. I'd say we're both pretty bad." said Oli laughing. Well he is right about that.