Chapter Seventeen: Swimming!

Emily/Em's P.O.V

So we're going to the river? Wait what river? Never mind, it's probably better than that dance. I mean it was ok, especially since I got to dance with Red. But anyways, I started walking home to put my bathing suit on. Once I got in the house, I ran upstairs and put on my bathing suit and a pair of shorts over it. "Mom I'm going with my friends to some place love you see ya later!" I yelled to my mom. "Love you too Emily be back by 10:00!" she yelled back. "Ok bye!" I yelled. I walked down the sidewalk towards Jess's house and someone poked my shoulder and said, "Hey!" I turned around and saw Red. "Hey Red. Ya all ready?" I asked. "Yup yup." he replied. "There's Jess's house!
Race ya!" I said taking off towards Jess's place. "That's not fair! You got a head start!" said Red in a fake whiny voice. "Hahaha! You're too funny!" I said back. I really like him.

Everyone had come to Jess's house, and we were getting ready to go. "Are we all gonna walk?" asked Ross. "Nope! We have a golf cart and it's one of those golf carts where it has three rows of seats, so we should be good on space."
replied Jess. We went into her garage where the golf cart was parked. In the front row sat Jess (who was driving) Shelby, and Max. In the second row was Lizzie, Joel, and Ross. In the very back row was Adam, Alesa, Red, and I.
"Is everyone ready?" asked Jess. "Yeah!" said everyone in unison. We drove around until we finally reached the river. "Here we are!" said Jess smiling. "Woohoo river!" said Shelby jumping out. The river was really calm, so it wasn't moving very fast. There was also a bunch of rocks in part of it. The river wasn't very deep and was surrounded by trees. "This place is AWESOME!" I yelled following Shelby. I stood in the water and splashed around. "Yeah river!" said Shelby splashing with me. "C'mon guys the water feels great!" I said. "Whee!" yelled Jess while jumping in and splashing Shelby and I. "Haha! C'mon we can't just sit here let's have some fun!" said Alesa grabbing Adam's hand and jumping in. "Alesa!" said Adam. "What? I'm just havin' some fun!" she said. "Haha fine!" said Adam.

Everyone got in the water and started swimming. "This is so fun! We HAVE to do this again!" I said to Jess. "Just call me up, and we can get our stuff and go!" she said laughing. "Yeah Em's right this is fun. I'm hungry though." said Red. "Well good thing I packed some fud!" said Jess. She got out of the water and grabbed a bookbag from the golf cart. "I brought some snacks, and some sandwiches just incase anyone's super hungry." said Jess. "Let's eat!" said Red jumping out of the water. I got out and so did everyone else. "Yay for fud!" said Jess. "What's fud?" asked Max. "Fud? Oh it's a fun way of saying food." replied Jess. Everyone was talking and laughing and most importantly, eating. This is so much fun. I've never done anything like this before. It's absolutely amazing. I'm so happy we ditched the dance.