Chapter Fourteen: Ask The Girl

SmallishBeans/Joel's P.O.V

Today was the day! The day I'd ask Lizzie to the dance. I was sitting on the bus planning on how and where I would ask her, when Max sat down next to me. "Guess who's got a date to the dance!" said Max. "You do? Who are you going with?" I asked. "Shelby!" he said. "Wow congrats bro! I'm gonna ask Lizzie today." I said. Max is the only one I'd told about this other than Oli. "Really? Good luck man!" said Max. "Thanks. I think I'm gonna ask her at lunch. Sometimes we sit with each other at lunch, and we hang out on the weekends. I hope she says yes." I say. "Dude, of course she'll say yes! She seems to like you." said Max. "I'm really nervous though. What if she says no? It'll be soo embarrassing." I say. "Don't worry you'll do fine." says Max. "Thanks!" I say. Max is a great friend.

I sat in first period (biology) staring at the clock. I just can't wait to ask her. All I have to do is make it through second period, and I can ask her. I was walking to second period, when someone jumped in front of me and asked, "Have you asked her yet?!" "Gah Oli! No, I haven't but please don't jump in front of me like that again! You almost gave me a heart attack!" I said. "Haha sorry! Are you gonna ask her at lunch?" he asked. "Yep. Wish me luck, I'll need it." I said. "Ok then. I wish you the BEST of luck dear friend!" said Oli in a funny voice. "Hahaha! Thanks!" I said as I walked into second period.

I MADE IT! LUNCH TIME! All I have to do now is find Lizzie and ask away! I quickly bought my lunch and searched for Lizzie. Not Lizzie.. Not Lizzie.. Not-
Wait! That IS her! I rushed over to the table where she was sitting alone. Apparently Yammy and Tiffany were still getting their lunch. "Hey Lizzie!" I said. "Hey Joel!" she said back. "So uh, I wanted t-to ask y-you s-something." I stuttered. "..Yes?" she asked. "I-I was w-wondering if you w-wanted to g-g-go to the d-dance with me?" I asked. Wow. I didn't think I'd be THIS nervous. "Yes! Of course!" she said. "R-Really?!" I asked. "Yes! I just can't believe you asked! I would have asked you, but this is one of those boys-ask-girls dances." she said. "Well thanks! I was really nervous about asking you, heh." I replied. "Well I would've been the same way. I'm super exc- Oh look it's Tiff and Yammy! I can't wait to tell them!" she exclaimed. "Hey Lizzie, hey Joel!" said Tiff. "Hey guys!" said Yammy. "Guess what?!" said Lizzie. "What?" said both Yammy and Tiff. "Lizzie and I are going to the dance together!" I exclaimed. "Congrats guys! I'm going with Kye!" said Yammy. "Aww you guys are so cute together! Congratulations!" said Tiff. Looks like "Operation Ask The Girl" was a success!