The Ball

"Miss Anne it appears that you've been invited to a ball." Seb said as he came into my study. I turned in my chair again from watching my garden. Luna in my lap and almost fully grown. I held out a hand and he Gave me the letter. I read it and threw it into the fire. "I do not wish to go."I said. He frowned and I looked at him. "Surely you have too.." He said. I let Luna down and stop slamming my hands to my desk. He looked at me smirking. "Seb I do not wish to go and that is an order." I said. He stood and sighed. "My apologies...but may I at least ask why?" He asked. I sighed and looked out to the garden crossing my arms.

"Many of the women there would be wearing one of my mothers dresses and I wish not to be reminded of her." I said, I felt hands on my waist. I looked and saw Seb. He sighed and I felt his hot breath on my neck. "Surely you don't want to keep your friends and admirers saddened by not being able to see you?" He asked, I looked at him and slammed him to the wall. "Seb...I've had it to here...I am not going to that ball..and you are to obey that order." He said. I heard a cackle and I looked to the door.

Alois and his butler Claude walked in. I quickly let Seb go. "Not go to the ball?" Alois said. I smiled and nodded. "Yes I do not wish to go there fore I am not going." I said. Alois frowned. "But why not everyone will be wearing one of your mothers beloved gowns." He said smirking. I clenched my fist. I began to march over to him only to have Seb stop me. "Young maiden." He said. I stopped and looked at him. "I believe it is best if you both leave." I said. They frowned and walked out. I sat in my chair and let my head hit the desk. Seb came over and stood behind me.

He began to rub my shoulders. "Would you like a bath ma'am?" He asked. I nodded and he left leaving me in my cold room without his warmth. He came back shortly after to get me for my bath. I let him take off the dress and let my brown hair down. He always seemed to look me over. I normally wore a bandage over my mark that formed when I agreed to the contract. He hasn't seen it and won't see it. I never cared about it but yet I cover it.

I sighed as I sat in the tub. Seb left so I could bathe in pease. He mocked shortly after but I must have fallen asleep because the water was cold and it looked dark outside. He came in and I saw him flush red. "Seb grow up." I said. He nodded and looked down handing me a towel. I got out and covered myself walking out to my room. He followed but I could tell he was refraining himself. I smiled and looked at him. "Is there something you wish to see?" I asked before he could answer I dropped the towel. "Oh silly me it seems that I have lost my towel...may you fetch it for me?" I asked.

He came over and knelt down. He went to reach for the towel but I kicked him to the ground. I sat on the floor and crawled over to him. "You know it isn't nice walking in on a lady when they're in the bath.." I said. He looked away and I sighed. "Neither is it to look away form your mistress..no matter how indecently she may or may not be!" I said standing. I grabbed the towel and sighed. I stood as quickly did he. I sighed and looked at him. "You can go to your room I will be going to bed." I said. He nodded and quickly walked out. Why must I do that to him...he did nothing..