Chapter Two: Graduation

••••••Nikki's P.O.V.••••••

Today was the day... The day we would be released from the academy. We will find out what's outside of this small little academy, and well, what the world is like. Most of us had forgotten, or were so young we had nothing to remember. I don't know what to expect, I mean, once people graduate they aren't allowed back to the academy until the next year where they congratulate the next set of kids. The instructors won't tell us what will happen until graduation, so I was anticipating every moment.

It was only 6:30am, and I was all ready for when we would be released. I changed into my best cloths, which were a pair of shorts with a flower imprint and a blue, long-sleeved shirt (which I pulled up).

I grabbed my book-bag that every student was given, and filled it with my journals and stories. I also grabbed a few sets of cloths, and threw the pack onto my bed when I was done. I went over to Cas, who was still sleeping. I nudged her, but she didn't move. So, I hit her in the head, waking her up immediately.

"Yo! It's graduation day! Hurry, I want to get to the cafeteria early! It's French toast and pancake day!" I whispered, as she sat up. She looked tired, but I disregarded it. She probably stayed up all night thinking about what she would do after the academy, and I couldn't blame her, I did too.

"Hurry, pack your stuff, I want to hurrrrrrrryyyyyy!!!" I said again, leaving the room. I took my stuff down to the field, where the graduation would be held. It was a few hundred yards from the actual academy, and was mainly used for kids recovering or a tournament the academy would sometimes hold. I placed my stuff on my chair, and teleported to the dining area. It was closed, so I decided just to go back up to our dorm.

When i got there, all of Cas's things were packed up, and she was sitting on her bed. She looked the way she did two weeks ago when she snuck out..

"Hey Cas, is anything wrong?"

"No, im just fine. Go and get breakfast." She said, as if trying to ignore me. I shrugged, I mean, it was the last day we would be here, something cant really go wrong. And even if it does, the instructors would be able to handle it. I walked back down to the doors, which were finally unlocked, and got some food. Today they had a buffet of delicious food, ranging from waffles the size of your head, to eggs and potatoes you could eat for days. Every graduation, they cooked a final goodbye meal for the kids, and I was exited as ever to eat.

I grabbed about five or six waffles, three pancakes, four spoonfuls of eggs and potatoes, and a handful of bacon. Today, we were allowed to wander campus with our food, so I went to the top of the Wall surrounding the school. Walking up the stairs leading to the walls, I passed a bunch of graduates eager to get the buffet of food. They were rushing and pushing me over, so i just teleported.

I usually try not to teleport, I mean, whenever I do it gets so hot that the tips of my hair begin to singe and my eyes dry up(hence the goggles). But, I did not want to fall down and entire set of stairs and loose my delicious food. Anything but the food. I landed on the roof, and sat on the ledge of the wall. Gorging on the pancakes, the bell rang signalling that it was time for us to start graduation. I was already looking at the field, so I just teleported back down. There, a bunch of the previous years graduates sat. They are always brought so that they can take the current years kids and help them adjust to how its like, and when to and not to use your powers. I sat in my seat, waiting for the rest of the people to arrive.

After about ten to fifteen minutes, All of the graduates arrived. Of course, Cas was first. She sat right next to me, and slid her bag underneath her chair. She seemed like how she did two weeks ago, and when I poked her, she didn't respond.