7

We all walked silently down the stairs. Uncle Monty wasn't in site.

"Uncle Monty?" I called. We walked into the reptile room.

"Uncle Monty?" Violet called out. We pulled back a curtain and saw him dead in his chair. I gasped and turned into Klaus. Tears pooled in my eyes, but I refused to shed them.

"Violet what do we do?" Asked Klaus as he rubbed my back soothingly.

"Call the police." The next thing I knew, we were talking to a detective.

"I do feel somewhat responsible for this tragedy. I should have taken it upon myself to warn him that the incredibly deadly viper was the deadliest snake in the entire eco system. I should know, I discovered it." That twisted, evil villain. How dare he!

"You what!?" Demanded Klaus.

"Detective?" Asked Klaus.

"Little girl, the big cage door is open, no snake, dead guy. I want to know who woke my up in the morning for this?" Perfect just perfect.

"It's defiantly a snake bite, no question about it." The actor said. He was one of the ones that attacked me at the mansion.

"Snakebite, no question about it, thanks doc." Olaf said. His drilling, put on, accent was driving me insane!

"No you don't understand, the incredibly deadly viper couldn't have harmed him because it's one of the most friendly and least dangerous creatures in the animal kingdom." Violet explained, but no one listened.

"Then maybe it was the venomous cobra hatchling that isn't in its cage." The detective said back.

"Sofiya isn't like that!" I shouted. I ran over to her bed but she wasn't there. I went to the food storage and saw her eating her breakfast that I had forgotten to give her. I picked her up and brought her over to the adults.

"See. She wouldn't kill Monty. She would kill him but not Monty." I gestured to Olaf who faked being scared, earning a hiss from Sofiya.

"I don't care, we are taking her away." The detective said. Then Sofiya was snatched out of my hand and placed in a bag. A man walked off and got in a van, taking Sofiya away. I cried into Klaus's chest. Why won't adults listen?

"Mind if I skip the paperwork on this?" Asked the detective.

"I think that would be best. These kids have been thorough some traumatic stuff, I wonder if it's a good idea even to change there plans at this point. Wee were headed for uh Peru tomorrow. And I think you'll find It better if they still come with us." Olaf said.

"No!" Klaus objected.

"Doctor what do you think?" Olaf questioned his assistant that would agree with him.

"It could be the only chance for them to get closure." Great! I hadn't moved my head from Klaus while all of this talking was happening. When I looked up, I met the eyes of someone who knew they were going to win the argument.

"Well its settled. Thank you doc." I glared at him.

"He's count Olaf and that doctor is his accomplice!" Violet burst out.

"He tried to kill us with a train, and he attacked Freya!" Klaus shouted.

"Where is this man going to get a train?" Asked the clueless detective.

"Where am I gonna get a train? And I would never dream of hurting such a pretty face." Olaf tried to reach out and grab me but Klaus pulled me back, moving me away from him. Of course no one noticed this action but Olaf who shot me an evil glare.

"Now children this is enough. Mr Stephano bares no resemblance to Count Olaf." Poe told us.

"Are you blind? Or is spending all day in a bank clouding your vision to what's right in front of you?" I rudely interrupted. Poe chose to ignore my statement.

"What about the tattoo. Count Olaf had a tattoo of an eye on his ankle." Said Klaus.

"Anything for the kids," he then lifted his trouser leg, "see, spick and span." Nothing!

"He's an actor he covered it in makeup!" Cried Violet helplessly. Mr Poe grumbled, while Klaus stood speechless.

"Doctor, I was wondering if you could help me escort these young people to the vehicle." Olaf said while grabbing Klaus and Violet. The assistant grabbed my hair. I hissed in pain as he squeezed me tighter, to make sure I didn't escape.

"Don't touch her!" Shouted Klaus.

"Please Mr Poe!" Violet tried to get help, but our help was happily waving us into hell. I was being pushed and tugged towards the car outside. He kept a tight grip on my upper arm as he dragged me towards the door.

"Freya!" Screamed Klaus. Just before we stepped outside, we heard laughter coming from Sunny. Everyone turned to see Sunny playing with the viper. I pushed roughly to the floor, and Olaf fled the scene. Klaus ran to me and picked me up, hugging me as if I would be taken any second.

"Are you ok?" He whispered into my ear.

"My arm hurts a little, but I'll be fine." I assured. Klaus lifted my sleeve to reveal a purple bruise forming. He brushed his finger across it and I winced, it hurt. He kissed it softly and I smiled at the notion. He wrapped an arm around my waist as we were led to the familiar car of Mr Poe, and we left for our next guardian.