[3] Freylin ♢ Reunion

SUMMARY♢

Freylin

Merlin and Freya actually do get to run away from Camelot, but he must leave her behind to continue his destiny, so she is left in Kilgharrah's care until they meet again. Now, 7 years later, Merlin runs into her in the middle of an important -not really- quest that Arthur had -most likely- made up to not attend to his kingly duties. It is revealed how much had happened while he and Freya were appart, and how her love for him and his love for her still cling tightly to the stings of fate.

♢NOTES♢ Merlin is a seer in this one-shot, that's the excuse I'm using for Freya's avoided death. Mini explanation of how Freya is still alive: Merlin found a potion that didn't hold back Freya's transformation, but calmed her bloodlust and hostility, though, she still wouldn't have her human consciousness while transformed. The journey to... uncurse(?) Freya took about a month, but thanks to the druids, they were able to find the Lake Of Avalon, one that could grant many wishes and dispose of dangerous curses. Freya was cured, but Merlin couldn't stay with her as he still had a prat to protect, so he basically begged Kilgharrah to let her stay in his care since the hunters and nearby villagers were still looking for the cursed druid girl.

"Hey," a whisper called out hesitantly to a tired raven, who hummed in acknowledgement to let the voice know he was still conscious. "This is our last night together," she began, looking up from the older's chest to meet half-lided oceanic blue eyes. "Or at least in a good while... I think we should do something special." She suggested innocently, making the male holding her raise a teasing, but knowing eyebrow.

"Don't talk like that, if it weren't me, who knows how another might interpret it." The young warlock had warned jokingly, but the flustered druid didn't seem to say anything against it. No, in fact, she did quite the opposite.

"Um, well, they'd, kind of, sort of, be right to understand it that way," the brunette admitted, waking Merlin right up in bewilderment. "I mean, if you want to. I know it's supposed to be a newlyweds' thing, but--"

"Yes." Merlin was embarrassingly quick to respond, but blushed a deep crimson afterwards in realization of how he said it. "I- well, if-if you want--I mean, as long as I love you and you love me, nothing else really matters, right?" He stuttered out, suddenly spiked with a rare sprinkle of energy that didn't come from the magic running through his veins.

Freya, however, had kept her calm and laughed shyly, turning completely around to face the other. "Yes, I agree, but this won't be a goodbye, I hope you keep that in mind." She told him, pressing her forehead against his as her legs wrapped carefully around Merlin's waist. "Think of it as a 'see you soon' kind of gesture. This won't be the last time we see each other, not while magic still exists within the palm of our hands."

"So this is... okay to do?" He asked once more, lips already inches from hers as his hands traveled from Freya's upper arms to her waist, where the raven took a firm, but soft grip.

The younger's eyes flickered to Merlin's lips momentarily before locking with his blue irises again, love and lust dancing in her hazel orbs until the warlock couldn't tell the difference between the two. "Mhm... it is..." She trailed off, lips closing the gap between them in what felt like a shower of need and want and neent because they eventually became the same thing for the pair as clothing slipped off and skin hugged skin under the dim lighting of the moon above them. They only fadded off when a familiar, mood-killing yell broke out the paradise.

"MERLIN!!" He had jumped awake that morning, startled beyond thought as Arthur laughed along with his Knights Of The Round Table. He grumbled something under his breath that an old, grumpy man would surely say after yelling at some kids to get away from his shop before he ignored the knights to begin to prepare breakfast. He fed the horses, made sure their boots dried nicely and let them rest for an hour before he told Arthur everything was already packed and ready to go.