[12] Freylin ◇ A Bastet's Worth

SUMMARY

Freya/Lord!Merlin

Merlin Ambrosious, Lord of Lanthys and original owner of literally every ship ever bought in Westeros, decides to make a rather unique investment.

NOTES

Has a bit of Game Of Thrones lore and names but ima just make it clear that some of it, I made up, some of it is from Game of Thrones, therefore, not mine.

Merlin stood his ground firmly upon the presented merchandise. She was thrown by his feet harshly enough to almost send her facefirst to the floor in front of him. Even if she managed to avoid that, her frame was skinny and pale, covered in a thin sheet of sweat, dirt and blood. Her cuffed wrists, neck and ankles were decorated with scarlet and violet bruises that made the young lord's frown harden. Her dress was ripped and as filthy as she was, given that the fabric it was made out of was too thin to hide anything else. She faced the floor with her eyes shut tight as she held back her tears, but by the then, Merlin's gaze had travelled back to the sellsmen who currently owned her. "17 million?" He asked, a disapproving glint in his eyes. "For her?"

The men shared looks among themselves, somewhat at a loss. "With all due respect, milord, she is a Bastet and has been such for over 4 years." One of them said, "that doesn't come in cheap."

"Nonetheless, her condition is incredibly poor. I will pay 17 million when she looks like it. At this rate, that will take over two years, so.." He sighed in disappointment. "Run along. Come back when she looks the part."

Th sellsmen shared gazes again, a more panicked look crossing the space between them as the girl under their hold shivered in fear of what they might do to her now. "Milord," one spoke up quickly, "We may be able to lower the price down to 12."

Merlin raised an eyebrow, "12 million?" They nodded, so he studied the girl once more and said, "7."

The other two hesitated, "10 million."

The weak girl wanted to break down as they discussed prices, feeling as worthless as the object they saw her as. "I'd pay 10 million if she could control her shifts or what she does during it-- 4."

"7 million, milord. That's as low as we can go." A satisfied smile spread over the young lord's features as he snapped his fingers loudly.

"Deal," he sealed as a servant hurried with a heavy chest of exactly 7 million coins. Immediately, the men took their hands off the girl and replaced them on the wooden chest. "It's been a pleasure buying from Lord Doryn, as always. Make sure it all gets to him, would you?" Both men nodded and bowed repectively at the raven, taking their money and leaving once dismissed. "Come, stand." He told the still kneeling girl, summoning a fear-stricken obedience as she did so. "Tell me, what is your name?"

She didn't look up nor hesitate as she spoke, but her voice shook in reluctance. "I have no name, milord. I am yours to shape as you please."

Merlin frowned at this, his heart falling heavily to his stomach. "I have to make many decisions a day. I'd only be relieved if this was one I didn't have to make for myself." He told her softly, as if in reassurance.

She paused before replying, instinctively raising her eyes to meet his, but she quickly tore them away in fear of what kind of disrepect it might arise. "I was born as Freya, milord."

Merlin managed a small smile at this, "Well, a bath is prepared for you in your assigned chambers, Freya. George will take you there himself." He told her, formal but gentle enough to make her curl up as little as possible. "I will be busy until after lunch, which you are welcomed to have in the privacy of your chambers or elsewhere. You have the freedom to explore the halls and servants as you please. This is your home now, after all." Without looking him in the eye, she nodded hesitantly and silently, a bit surprised by the amount of liberty he was providing for her. "George, make sure that she's properly coated for lunch. It's getting colder this season." The servant nodded and offered the girl a hand once dismissed. She hesitated, but eventually took his hand and followed him through the many halls of House Ambrosious, sharing one last quick look at the man who had just bought her.