Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

With that, he gently kicked my knee, so I lost balance, and then grabbed me and dunked me under the water. I struggled underwater, when he finally let me go. I quickly swam on the surface and inhaled sharply while fixing my hair back. I looked around me and narrowed my eyes, when I saw a stupid moron laughing his guts out. He was laughing so much I think he started crying.

“What d-did yo-ou think I w-ill do?” he choked out between laughter. “Kiss you?” He started laughing even harder and I just rolled my eyes, got closer to him and hit his head. Hard.

Then I turned around and started walking out of the sea. I fixed my wet dress and hair which was falling on my face, veiling my sight. I didn’t even know what was I expecting. I mean, I wasn’t expecting a kiss. I would move away if he’d try something like that. Probably I knew what he’s going to do. But I wasn’t sure why didn’t I do something.

I shrugged. It doesn’t matter now. “Hey, so you don’t want to swim with me anymore?” he shouted behind me, and I turned around and showed him the finger. He put his hand on the side of his heart, pretending to be hurt and started walking behind me. “Ouch, princess, that hurt. I didn’t know goody-goody’s know the meaning of that nice finger of yours.”

I just scoffed. We finally came to our beach house, so I opened the door and went inside. I quickly made my way toward my bedroom, but Drew yanked my wrists and pulled me back.

“Someone owns me a game,” he sang as he batted his eyelashes, a fake smile lying on his face. I just rolled my eyes. “Give me 10 minutes. I am wet, I stink, and …” I started smelling something in the air, “I think you could use a shower as well.” I batted my eyelashes and turned around, but he yanked me back again so I collided with his hard chest.

“Ever heard of: Save the water, shower with your girlfriend?”

“Well, as it contains me, you can shower with your girlfriend all you want. Now let me go of I’ll punch you in the face.” I flashed him a fake smile and finally yanked myself out of his grip. I quickly stepped in my room and shut the door. I grabbed some sweatpants, underwear and a loosen T-shirt for sleep.

I quickly took off those wet clothes and stepped in a hot shower. I was really tired from everything today and frankly, all I wanted was to curl up in my bed and fall asleep. But no, now I’ll have to stay up just to play some stupid game with a jerk I can’t stand. And now he thinks I want to kiss him. Great. Can life get any better?

I stepped out of the shower – unwillingly – and wrapped myself in a towel. I quickly pulled on my clothes and stepped out.

“Nice sweats,” said a manly voice. I turned around and spotted him, already lying on my bed. I just rolled my eyes and threw myself on the bed as well.

“Well, might just get this done with,” I sighed and looked at him. “You start.”

He smirked as he held up a glass of vodka. “Want a shot?”

“I told you, I’m not drinking,” I told him sternly. What did he not get about that?