Q&A Part 16: What's my writing schedule?

Thanks for commenting, everyone! Remember, comment on the previous chapter before July 10, 2016, to be entered to win a very special ARC box! 

@JosileeWeis asks: How do you keep a consistent schedule when it comes to writing? I always find myself doing the most writing in the middle of the night instead of during the day.

How do I keep a consistent writing schedule? 

Ha! I don't.

Seriously. 

I learned long ago that if  I force myself into a schedule, I just don't write. I'm contrary. It turns writing into a job, an assignment. It makes my story feel like homework. 

So I just write whenever I want to.

(And, it should be noted, I make myself want to write all the time. If you're the kind of person who procrastinates, maybe work on a schedule.)

Also, my natural style of writing is to write a shit ton of words one day, and then nothing for days after that. So I may only write 2-3 days a week, but I end up with 10k more words to my manuscript. 

As for writing at night? I'm a big believer that some people are naturally more creative and better focused in the mornings, some in the middle of the day, some at night. What takes me hours to write in the day can take me minutes at night. Write when you're at your peak!