Chapter Five:Guilt

[Lunar's P.O.V]

My optics flickered open,and I saw Optimus with his usual impassive face above me,except that I could see he was masking concern.

It seemed that I was back at base and everything was normal. I tilted my helm up to scan the room when my neck ached with pain.

The memories of the encounter with Shadowhunter hit me hard. I stiffly raised my right servo and tried to feel the wounds on my neck when Optimus spoke up.

"Easy there,Lunar. Your wounds were leaking energon in massive amounts,and your wires have been damaged."He informed.

I placed my servo down with a sigh. I waited for Ratchet to agree with Optimus when I found out he was not there. Neither were the others.

"Where's Ratchet?"I asked.

"In the basement,fetching you some Energon."He answered.

"Where are the others?"

"Trying to track where Shadowhunter might have settled."

"Where are the natives?"

"They are sleeping in their own homes. It is late."

I groaned mentally. It was bad enough that I have been beaten by my own rival that I have fought for vorns. It disappointed me that I am supposed to be a Prime,and to stay strong for others.

"But I failed."I murmured my thoughts.

"You did not fail,Lunar,"Optimus jerked my optics back to him. He seemed to have read my mind."It was good enough that you have saved soldiers in the war."

I turned away."No. You were there. I was hiding like a coward,and every time I see a soldier fall,I feel guilt that I did not help them. Countless bots,Alpha Trion,Cliffjumper,Tailgate and those that I did not save could be alive right now. But they aren't. And the one to blame is me."I clenched my servo in frustration.

Optimus did not say anything. I turned back to him and gritted my denta.

"Primus chose wrongly. I should not have been a Prime. I have never tried my best to save Cybertron,when I could have. I was made a Prime for no reason."I growled,anger to myself and I thunked my helm back to the side.

"Primus have his own reasons,Lunar."Optimus tried to reason.

"Primus told me that if you were to perish then I will be there. But you survived the war,and who knows you might never join the All-Spark forever,and you will always come back. I serve no purpose."With a note of finality,I closed my shutters.

Before I drifted into another painful recharge,I could hear Optimus' sigh from above me.