Back To The Future 1.5

Kaaydin sat next to Ben in the cargo hold wondering how long they were going to be forced to sit there. They had been compliant for Hera and Sabine in hopes of the rebels realizing they weren't spies or any kind of threat. Sabine kept her blaster pistols trained on them almost constantly while Chopper threatened them with his mechanical arms. Ben sat atop the crate with Kaaydin, tracing  the lines of the surface with his finger. He appeared more patient than Kaaydin, although the latter could sense it wearing thin. Hera walked up the ramp quickly, startling the quiet teenagers. She motioned for Sabine to come over by her. The two boys couldn't help, but notice she looked upset.

"I can't find Ezra anywhere." Hera told Sabine.
Ben could hear them despite their lowered voices.

"Do you think he went after Zeb and Kanan?" Sabine asked.

"I don't know. But I do know who we should start asking first." Hera said pointedly.
They glanced over at Ben and Kaaydin giving them a sinking feeling. Ben could see Kaaydin cringe out of the corner of his eye as Hera and Sabine walked over to them with stern expressions. Before Hera had a chance to speak, Sabine beat her to it.

"What did you two do with Ezra?" Sabine demanded.

"Technically, we, didn't do anything with him." Kaaydin replied apologetically.
Sabine's face hardened as she took a step closer to him.

"Think you're being funny?" She growled quietly.

"I told you want happened, Sabine. Now it's up to you to believe it." Kaaydin responded stiffly. His previous lightheartedness gone.

"Time traveling is just a theory!" Hera exclaimed.

"As were starships, other planets, other species. They began as ideas and became reality as time passed." Kaaydin said. He was fast loosing his calm, as he always did. Ben was quick to jump in, however, it might not have been the wisest choice.

"Hey, hey! I know it sounds crazy," Ben began.

"It is crazy!" Hera declared, interrupting him.

"But, " Ben said sternly, "It is the truth. We aren't spies or a threat."

"Exactly what a spy would say." Sabine said, snapping her fingers.

"I'm done arguing with you two banthas." Ben muttered under his breath.
Unfortunately, Hera heard what he said.

"Excuse me, young man?" Hera asked incredulously, "What did you call me?"

"Way to go, Firestarter." Kaaydin hissed at him.

"Frak." Ben swore.

Ben and Kaaydin sat uncomfortably close together in the closet in the common room. Both were very upset by their predicament and were very angry with each other.

"Well, this is wizard." Kaaydin said sarcastically.

"Yeah." Ben grumbled in response.
They fell silent again, both trying to ignore the growing tension between them. The door opening put a pause on their mutual negative feelings.
Kanan stood in front of them glaring down. Hera and Sabine stood behind him with their arms crossed matching their disapproving expressions.
This is definitely not going to end well, Ben thought.