Chapter 9

Dubois, Wyoming

I strolled confidently up to the counter, flashing a quick smile to the police officer situated behind it. "Hello, I'm from the Dub Eyes newspaper, I would like to speak to the sheriff." 

The officer shot her a quick wink. "The sheriff is free. You can go in." He asserted, gesturing towards a closed door. Giving him a quick "Thank You." I went up to the door and knocked, waiting for a "Come in" before entering. 

The sheriff was a young man in his mid to late twenties. He shot me a polite smile before gesturing towards a chair. "Hi. Have a seat."

"I'm from the Dub Eye Newspaper." I droned, having a seat. "I'm here about the murder which took place about a month ago. Mind if I ask you a few questions?" 

"Right, Sarah Day's, case. Don't you think you're a bit late on reporting it? "

"We felt that more emphasis should be placed on the murder."

He raised an eyebrow, "Whatever you say." He ran a hand through his hair before straightening "What would you like to know?"

"Were there any signs of forced entry?"

"None. The doors and windows were locked but there was no sign that someone tried to open them."

"How was the Vic murdered?"

"The murderers were pretty brutal. She was stabbed multiple times and her eyes had been gauged out."

"The murderer was caught, right?

"Yes. Tom Brady."

"What was his relation to her?"

"He was her boyfriend."

"Any witnesses?"

"Nothing. A CCTV camera showed that no one but him went into her apartment at the time of death."

"What was, Sarah, like, before she was murdered?"

"She was a sweet girl. I was a friend of her father's, I knew her for twelve years. She didn't deserve this."

"Of course." I said, sympathetically. "How was Tom like?"

"I didn't know him personally but I never heard any complaints about him." Anger appeared on his face but he took a few deep breathes before continuing. "He wa-"

I leaned forward, concerned "You alright?"