Sixteen. Recovery

I woke up in an unfamiliar place with needles and tubes in my arms. The room was empty. I was all alone. I didn't know what had happened.

"Hey, Callie. It's me, Jace." I heard a voice say, as I felt a kiss on my forehead.

"Hey..." I said faintly, unable to move.

"You okay?" He asked, as he looked at my entire body, which was covered in a blanket.

"Where am I?" I asked, confused.

"Hospital. Stuff happened last night that shouldn't have." He said holding my hand tightly.

"Am I alright?" I asked, unsure about what happened.

"Yeah, you are. You sprained your ankle and got stitches on your forehead, but everything else is fine."

"Oh, thank god." I said quietly, shutting eyes.

"The police got there just in time before things went any further." He said, leaning closer to me.

"Mhm." I mumbled. I had no more energy to speak.

"Good morning Ms. Carlson." I heard a voice say, as I opened my eyes. It was the nurse.

"All tests came back. You have no other injuries. However, there is one thing I'm sure you'd like to know." She said, with a smile.

"And what's that?" Jace asked.

"You're pregnant!" She exclaimed with joy.

"What?" Jace and I asked at the same time. I was in disbelief.

"Yes. Three and a half weeks. Very early." She replied. "Congratulations." She said, as she left the room.

"Pregnant? Oh my!" I exclaimed, feeling a bit more energized, but still weak.

"Yeah... wow." Jace said, staring at me with wide eyes

"Are you happy or not?" I asked.

"Of course. I want to be a dad, but I didn't expect it so soon." He said, squeezing my hand.

"Yeah I agree. But we'll make it work right?" I asked, feeling nervous for his response.

"Of course, but not here." He said looking towards the floor.

"What do you mean, not here?" I asked, feeling confused.

"Not here in New York. You've been attacked twice by the same person. It's too dangerous. I don't want this baby to be in danger." He said, reassuringly.

"Yeah, that's true. It was so scary Jace." I said, starting to cry as memories came back.

"They beat me up and dragged me across the floor." I said, burrowing my face into his chest and sobbed.

"Don't worry. They both will be going to jail for a long time. They are both wanted. You don't have to worry about them. They're gone. I'm here." He said, rubbing my back gently.

"I love you, Jace." I said, looking up at him.

"I love you, Callie and the baby." He said as he kissed my cheek.

I was lucky to have such an amazing guy to call my own. He makes everything better.

"Ms. Carlson. You're free to go when you're ready. Remember to ice your ankle and start taking prenatal vitamins. You're due for a check up in two weeks." The nurse said, as she removed the IV from my arm.

"Thank you so much for everything. You're a gem." I said.

"Thank you. Just doing my job. Have a good day." She said, walking out of the room once again.

"She's the sweetest." I said to Jace as I tried to get up.

"I know. Need help?" He asked, putting his hands out for me to hold.

"Yes please." I said grabbing his hands. "Ouch!" I yelled as I felt pain in my sprained ankle.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Y-y-yeah." I answered, stuttering due to the pain.

"I got you." He said, as lifted me up and carried me out of the room.

••• at home•••

"Do you want water or anything?" He asked, as I laid on the couch.

"No. Not thirsty." I said, trying to get comfortable.

"Alright, tell me if you need anything." He said, sitting next to me on the couch.

"Do you want a boy or a girl?" I asked, bluntly.

Jace looked at me and smiled. "I don't know. What do you want?"

"A girl. I wanna name her Aurellie. It's French." I said, smiling back.

"That's sounds beautiful." He replied, holding my hand and kissing it.

"I think so too." I said, unable to stop smiling. "What do you think he or she will look like?"

"Well, a girl would look pretty like you, have your curly hair, brown eyes. A boy, I assume more like myself. You know, handsome, nice hair, the whole works." He replied, as we laughed in unison.

"Whatever you say, Jace." I replied, with laughter.