The End of The Journey

Tanra's POV

Sasuke has started opening up to me a bit more every night. I don't exactly think he's a bad guy but I still won't get to close to him. Papa has said in the past he was after a sharingan but I don't exactly even know what that is. Though I guess sasuke has it, or at least that's what he is trying to gain. He told me it is part of his clans kekigenki. Now that I think about it, Ita-san has shown me his and told me a little about it. Anyway, Copy cat gets more and more annoying by the day. He is always smiling at me and treating me as if I was his kid. I'm not even a dam leaf shinobi! Today we are going to the bridge with the bridge builder. Everyone stops as a mist starts to form around us. I go to walk forward but stop myself as I think of the outcome. I could try to help my sensei or I could help them? The only one I would be willing to help in this group though would be sasuke only for the fact he started to trust me and open up to me a bit. He's the only one I can open up to since I think papa will be coming after him for his sharingan. I don't have a chance to think much as I'm suddenly tied up and thrown over someone's shoulder. I look at my captive as I am handed to the bridge builder. "I know she's gonna get away if we don't tie her down. Watch over her for me will you?" Tazuna nodded and I glared at the copy cat as he sweat drops at me. I watch them battle my sensei and old friend haku. I tried to help sensei and haku as much as I could until Tazuna put his hand over my mouth and no matter how much I liked it he wouldn't let go. While watching them I fumbled around in my sash looking for one of my special kuni I keep in it for this very reason. I haven't had to use it very much so I loose track of where it is in there easily. When I found it I cut my self loose pushing Tazuna away. Time slowed down as I ran towards kakashi who ran at a trapped zabuza with a lightning covered hand. I suddenly stopped as blood flew everywhere. My eyes where wide with horror and sadness. My best friend and seemed like older brother had just been ran through, and I was to late. My scream echoed across the open area. "Haku!" Kakashi jumped back as zabuza swang at him. He laid haku down next to me making me drop to my knees next to him. I picked up haku's upper body and held him close to me as I cried with his head in my chest. Haku, my dearest friend. The boy who laughed at me when I was learning how to catch fish and I got slapped in the face by it. The boy who taught me about herbs. Haku, a great friend. A wonderful brother. I slowly started to stop my crying as I sensed someone coming. The man walked over towards me as he spoke to sensei. "So you have this brat again huh? How worthy to any of them are you now?" He swang his cane hitting me in the head with it. I flew to the side with haku still in my arms. Blood flew out of my mouth as I hit the floor. He started beating me with the cane as I moved myself more protectively over haku. "Gonna protect a dead body huh? Well then you'll get his beating instead! You take the pain I want to give him!" I didn't scream or cry as he beat me. I just kept a tight hold on haku. Someone ran over kicking Gato in the head sending him flying. "Don't touch my little girl! Not ever again!" My eyes widen at my sensei's words. He's never called me or haku anything family related terms. I watched as Gato ran to his men. I got up to help zabuza fight off the men. I flashed next to him. "Still got that speed huh?" I nodded and he smiled softly at me. We took off with me slaughtering the men who got in sensei's way or threw something at him. I know he's after Gato so he didn't have to tell me. I stopped when he had Gato at the edge of the bridge. Zabuza wobbly came back with Spears and kuni embedded in him. I ran to his side when he got away from the men. I brushed Zabuza's hair with my fingers with his head in my lap after I took out all the embedded weapons. I listened as the villagers and team seven chased off the men. I watched as Zabuza's breaths became more shallow. Kakashi walked up behind me and zabuza looked at him. "Can you lay me by him?" Kakashi nodded taking zabuza from me to lay him by haku. I followed them and got on my knees at their heads. I listened to zabuza talk sweet words to haku and watched him stroke haku's face gently as he spoke. He looked at me and smiled softly. "Kick your dad's ass for me ok?" I checked with tears running down my face. "Sure thing sensei." He closed his eyes as his breathing stopped. I leaned forward kissing their foreheads once before I got up. I bowed before walking to kakashi wiping my tears away. "Kakashi? Can we bury them before we leave?" His eyes that had widened from me calling him by his name instead of copy cat softened at my request. He put his hand on my head and I could sense him smiling at me gently. "Sure." I gave him my first smile to him. I could feel his shock and happiness but I just walked past kakashi towards Tazuna's house. I heard Sakura yell that sasuke was alive so I turned towards them and started walking that way. I stopped as I got next to sasuke and sakura. "Haku got you good didn't he? I expect nothing less from my kind hearted Nii-san." Sakura glared at me while sasuke gave me a small smile that only I would be able to notice. "Kind hearted?! He made me think sasuke was dead!" I sighed at Sakura's out burst and turned around. "Had to keep him out of the way some how. You don't have to kill an oponent to get to your target, it's fine as long as their out of the way." Sakura's mouth dropped as I said that while walking away. I turned my head to the side a little. "You'll catch flies with your mouth open like that." She instantly closed her mouth and I laughed. I know I shocked her with my sudden behavior but I guess I can start to try to get along with them seeing as how I am going to be with them for quite some time.