Chapter 3: Welcome To Unholy Forest

Where am I? 

Noah opened his eyes. He was lying on the leafy ground. He stood up and looked around the place. The trees looked scary, the flowers hummed, the fog was still  there but not as thick as before. It was a creepy place, but it somehow felt enchanted, Noah thought so. He heard a voice, but it wasn't from the girl. The voice got nearer, and right in front of him were three sparkling lights. The lights fade , revealing three little fairies with big crystal wings and their beauty that attracted men.

'Fairies? They're real?' Noah was utterly confused. He didn't know where he was. He suddenly felt a cold in his body. As he looked at his hand, it looked half-faded. It was there but he could see it through.

The fairies beckoned Noah to a big apple tree. The trees seemed to have faces, and boy did it scare Noah so much.

One of the fairies picked a juicy red apple from the tree and gave it to Noah.

"Eat it..." said the fairy with eerie voice. "You... won't... feel... cold..."

Noah looked at the apple he was holding

Noah looked at the apple he was holding. The fairy pushed his hand closer to his mouth, begging him to eat it. Noah was going to take a bite, but threw it to the ground.

"No," he said. "I won't take apples from strangers."

The fairies looked very furious. They finally exposed their ugly sides with shrieks and sharp teeth and fingernails. They were going to attack Noah, but suddenly green vines wrapped around the fairies and pulled them to a tree and stuck them on the bark. The fairies shrieked as they were swallowed inside the tree.

Noah looked up. Sitting on the tree was a woman covered in vines and leaves. The lady jumped down and walked closer to him, but Noah crawled away. He crawled and bumped on a tree, which left a fairy skeleton on the bark.

He panicked, wondering what was going on. The woman with vines came closer to him, "Don't be afraid. You can trust me." She gave him her hand.

Noah stared at her, she seemed nice, he thought. She looked young and pretty, with clothes out of leaves and vines. He grabbed her hand and stood up.

"Those fairies! They always try to manipulate men," said the lady. "But you're smart enough to notice it."

"Who are you..." Noah quietly asked.

"I'm the Forest Protector," she said. "I protect and take care of the forest."

"Where am I?"

"The dark side of the forest, the dark side of fairy tales..."

"Am I in fairy tales?"

"No. Not the ones in the books when you were young. They were made up... but some elements were true. Fairies are real. There was a girl with the poison apple. Flowers can sing. Many things."

"Fairy tales are real?" asked Noah, his eyes lit up.

"Yes... but nobody knows they're real," Forest said sadly. "Humans, they build their homes and destroy ours. We died... and we ended up here, the Unholy Forest. When we died there, when we took our last breath, our spirit was trapped inside the Unholy Forest, hoping for freedom. But I guess... we had to move on like this..."

"I died?" Noah asked with shock.

"Um... You're in between. Maybe you will live, maybe you won't. You stumbled onto a hole and fell unconscious. Why did you take the foggy path? No one dares to come there but you."

"There was a girl in black dress. I want to find her," said Noah without hesitation.

"A girl?"

"She had a lovely singing," said Noah dreamily. "I think I'm in love..."

"I think I know who you're talking about," said Forest. She used her magic and a clear pebble path appeared. A group of fireflies flew nearer to Noah, sparking green lights. Noah walked onto the path, waving goodbye to Forest. Forest waved back, climbed up to a tree and disappeared.