Chapter 7: The Cold

Diana and Noah were in front of the big door of the castle. It was made of wood with vines and green mosses on it. Noah felt a chill at the back of his neck. The castle looked more like a tall abandon asylum than a royal castle where a royal princess lives. But Noah trusted Diana. She lived there, obviously, since he looked through a broken window and saw a painting portrait of herself inside the living room. Also, it looked like a castle! Why could anyone think it was an asylum?

But did she say she had her servants? They should have cleaned the place and trimmed the grass outside (it looked like a paddy field!)

Wait, she told him to see it for himself. Was that a trick?

No. Noah trusted Diana. He shook his stupid thoughts away as Diana touched the big rings below golden lion heads. She pulled them and the door opened.

Noah was surprised when he walked inside. Instead of beautiful dustless corridors leading to the main rooms and crystal lit-up chandeliers on the ceiling, it was dark and silent. The carpets had turned ugly brown, the candles had melt out. Spider webs and dust were everywhere. No servants?

It was scary, soulless... and cold. Noah felt his limps numb. He shivered as if he had been in the attic. He couldn't take it, he collapsed.

"Noah!" Diana gasped, running to Noah, who was on the floor shivering. "Ward! Figar! Call all of them!"

The continuous clanking and stomping sounds echoed. A group of walking objects hopped downstairs and to Diana hugging Noah tight. Noah's eyes closed, his breath was short and quick.

Ward and Figar hopped to the man. Ward was a small wooden clock, and Figar was a candle holder, his three candles still lit up. The duo looked at each other then Noah.

"Figar you idiot!" Ward suddenly said angrily.

"Why are you calling me an idiot?!" Figar angrily glared at him, his thick French accent came out of his mouth.

"Well," said Ward, "you have fire! Lit it harder! You're making him cold!"

"You know I can do that when I'm angry!" Figar shouted, his fire on the candles lit bigger.

"Ha ha! Works every time!"

"Stop messing around and call Betty!" Diana frowned at the ridiculous duo. "This fire can't last long!"

"Oh it can!" Ward argued. "Right Figar? Figar?"

Figar was panting, his tongue stuck out like a dog. "I can't keep it anymore..." He dramatically fell onto the dirty carpet, still sticking his tongue out.

"Oh for sake Figar..." Ward mumbled. "Why do I HAVE to do everything?! BETTY!!!!!" Ward's holler echoed throughout the castle, the ceiling shook a little as the dust fell down. The other living objects were scared and they hugged each other. Nobody wanted to hear the clock screaming. Well, time bullies.

Noah groaned a little as he heard big thumps coming closer. He closed his eyes and everything went dark.

****************

Noah felt something warm and comfy under him. He didn't want to open his eyes, it was so comfortable! He then dreamed of himself sleeping on a giant fluffy cloud, flying higher and higher. It was a wonderful dream... Until a whispering argument interrupted it.

"Don't get near him, you would melt his face!"

"I was helping!"

"You're not helping! Step aside and let me put Charlie on the table."

"What if he doesn't like green tea?"

"How could anybody resist green tea, Ward?"

"Lilly, I don't like green tea!"