Marla-Jean

Marla-Jean

I just want it to be over, I want to stop feeling this way.Sitting here I have no control, no control of my future, of my body, nothing. I wish I could cry, any release for the pain I am feeling would be welcome. After years of loyal service they do this to me. Donna said I was her favourite but she still condemned me to a fate worse than death.Why? Why did it have to be me? I have never done anything wrong I am always kind and comfortable.

I feel like I am drowning in it, this sadness. I wish it would go away, I wish I could go away. Maybe this will be it, the end of me. The prospect of living like this just fills me with anxiety and worry how can I subject other people to me. Let them suffer the pain of seeing me and being around me.

You see, I work in a theme restaurant. The gimic is all the furniture is mismatched and honestly I am the main attraction. Everyone wants me; they want to sit on my plush cushions that hug their butts like no other. I am beautiful too, or at least I was. The problem with being as amazing as I am is it can be intimidating for some people so, they would rather stay away and just look at me but; never directly they always turn their chairs in the other direction and look with the corners of their eyes. They always insist on getting another chair when they are seated at me because they do not see themselves as worthy.

Now Donna, the owner of the restaurant, has commited a deliberate affront to me. In an effort to make me more approachable or customer friendly or whatever euphemism she used to assuage her guilt, she has made me... UGLY.

Last week, I thought I was going for a routine pampering. But instead they stripped me of my beautiful cow-hide cushion with plain blue nylon cushioning. I don't understand why she would do this to me. And I would rather die than let people see me this way.

I am in the shed of the carpenter getting readied for transport back to the restaurant.My plan is to use the sheer power of will to shake myself so that I can fall into the woodchipper on the way there.

-----

My plain fails. As they seat me in the restaurant I can feel everyones eyes on me. Donna sets me down and the next customer to enter the restaurant actually sits down in me.

I guess I have just become like everyone else now.