001

There's a lump in my throat.

"Did you hear me Mads?" His raspy voice always makes my heart flutter. He talks slow and I sigh to myself.

"Yeah, I did." I force the corners of my mouth to turn up. I am happy for him... Well as long as he is happy.

"Okay..." He's confused. I am just selfish. But his smile comes up after mine.

"She is very pretty." I reasure him and I can't help my scratch at my finger nail to distract me.

"Y-yeah, she is." He licks his lips and shrugs. "She was surprised by it, actually. But she was all happy."

"Yeah?" I can't help but smile at his shy grin after he talks. His smile is contagious or at least to me it is. "Well you did go pretty far out." 

"Did I do it too much?" He furrows his eyebrows and tenses his back up. "Shit." He whispers under his breath.

"No no, Harry." I laugh and nudge my knee into his. "It was planned out perfect. I knew she would say yes."

"Well if you say so. I trust your instincts, Mads." 

"Good, they're always right." I giggle and point my finger up to him.

"Well I better get ready. I'll text you after yeah?" He stands up and pulls his arms towards me. 

No. I don't want to hug him. I don't want to hear about that stupid date.

"Yeah, I want to hear all about it." Trying to fake another smile I stand up and wrap my arms loosely around his back.

I know he knows my smiles, he knows me better than anyone else. But I hope his nervousness brushes it away.

"Bye Mads." He laughs and squeezes me back into the hug before walking out of my living room.

My lump in my throat hurts, burns really. When I introduced Alex to Harry, I didn't think of anything. I didn't realize he would like her so much. Her hair is too red anyways. I know he admires it. I wonder if they will kiss... I wonder if she will make him laugh. Of course she will, of course they'll kiss. Stop even worrying about it. I need to stop talking to myself. I take a deep sigh as I am alone in my house, bringing my hands up to my face and scream quietly to myself.

*Harry's POV*

She faked her smile. 

I know her smiles, I love her smile.

She has a smile for me... Well  I don't know. Her smile literally fills my stomach and I can't help but smile back. But I know she faked her smile.

Is she not happy for me?

Of course she is, she wouldn't lie. Well... Maybe. 

She wouldn't be jealous right? She's probably just nervous for me. I don't go on many dates, that's not my thing. That has to be it. I saw Alex text her. Her phone was on the table, I can't help but look. She probably just doesn't want to be stuck in the middle between us. It has to be that... 

I'm excited for the date. Alex is really gorgeous. She has long red hair and a smile that feels all too happy. But no ones smile makes me feel as good as Mads' does.  

I'm stupid talking, get her out of your head. Why am I even worried about what she thinks? It's just a date.... 

(AN: This is my FIRST wattpad fic. I know this chapter is a little short, but I was just getting into the swing of this. Please continue to read as these chapters will get longer and I hope my writing gets better. Thank you for reading :) //  A little bit of background about Harry Styles. So you understand where I'm going with him. I wanted a little bit of a bad boy Harry. But he's nothing over extreme. He has the same tattoos he has now and looks like present day Harry. This Harry, although, parties/drinks/sleeps around/curses/fights. I wanted to make him a little bit sexier and bad ass just so I have something to go off with. Hope this helps! Zayn will be in coming soon in a few chapters and he has the whole bad boy image. Madelyn is like Kendall... Very quiet, shy, and smart. Thanks for reading!)