Vol 1 - Chapter 1 : The Book Reopened

Fushigi Yuugi belongs to Yuu Watase-sensei!
Contains OC...

Hikari Tsukunami was browsing through the bookshelf in the national library looking for a certain story that can very well suit her interest.

"Where am I suppose to find a story that contains ancient legends for my book report" she complained to herself.

She was interrupted by a seemingly glittering red light moving towards the second foor.

"What in the world is happening? Am I getting hungry or my mind is playing tricks on me?" she ssaid to herself but followed the light instead, it leads her to an off-limits room containing ancient literature.

She found herself inside and staring into an old book laying on the ground infront of her.

She picked it up and started reading the prologue of the story.

"This is a story of girl who made her wish come true, after she came to possess the seven stars of Suzaku and many powers were bestowed upon her. The story itself is a spell, the one who reads it through will be given the power and granted her wish, just like the girl in the story. Because the story begins and becomes real the moment the first page is turned." she said to herself.

"This story seems pretty interesting though" she said to herself and started reading the story. As she went through and through, all the happenings that occur plays on her mind on a flashback and in an instant she was able to completely finished the book.

"What the hell was that?" she said, dazed and completely overwhelmed.
Images that flashed into her mind were completely cleared, except for the face of the priestesses, the true and the false one, even the character, Tamahome, is not cleared to her.

"Find me" an ethereal voice rang from the book.

"Who's there?" the girl asked upon seeing that there's no other person in the room other from herself.

"Continue the legend" the voice said.

Hikari turned to the book as she's now facing an entirely vacant page after the page where the warrior Tamahome went back to the real world after the false priestess incident.

"Continue, what do you mean?" she said.

"Save us.. you're our only hope" the voice said once again and she was sure that a glowing red feather landed on her forehead, but it disappeared immediately.

"W-what's all that about?" Hikari said.

In an instant she found herself unconciously stating a phrase.

"The story isnt over yet. Thereby the girls of the legend will once again enter the book and the story will therefore continue again."

She blinked a couple of times upon realizing that what she just said is now written in the book.

She found herself taking the book along with her in their home.

"Mom!! Dad!! Are you there?" she sound frantic at all.

She found them on their room and her mom is laying down feeling sick.

"W-what's wrong with mom dad?" Taka turned to her with a worried gaze.

"Your mom suddenly fell ill and I dont know what's going on" Taka said.

"Dont worry about me, I just caught a cold, that's all" Miaka assured, but somewhere in the couple's mind and heart they feel that something is going terribly wrong to the world only they knew.