Vol 4 - Chapter 12 : The Challenge of Fire

"Ryoko..of the Koryu Seven?!!" Tamahome said going in front of Miaka and Hikari.

"This fire! Are you the one who burned the Hanabi City?!!!" Tasuki gestured with his fan.

The woman stared at them for a moment.

"I dont know what you're talking about, but I'am not. But I do have an idea on who did it." She replied.

"One of your fellows huh?! So, your turn to meet and try to kill us!"Tasuki said.

Ryoko frowned at him, he's not making sense at all.

"Why would I wanna kill you people? Maybe it's you guys who came to kill me." she said with steel in her eyes.

"Quit playing games!!!" Tasuki said waving his fan.

"Rekka..Shinen!!!!" a whirlwind of fire attacked Ryoko and engulfed her in flames.

"This flames.." the fiery woman said.

The warriors were surprised to see the fire maiden laughing and seemingly feeling the fire.

"Who would've thought that after all these years, I would see than fan again" she said.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Tasuki said in confusion.

"I not quite sure, cause it turned to diamond somehow, but I was the one who bewitched that tessen." she revelead, surprising the warriors and Tasuki.

"No way!" Miaka exclaimed.

"Tell me.." the woman eyed them.

"Who are you people, and why did you come here? Did Kagura send you here to kill me?" she said.

The warriors frowned in confusion.

"Wait a sec, I'm confused! You are one of the Koryu Seven right? Why would the dark priestess want to kill you?" Tasuki voiced out.

"Oh I dont know." she leapt towards Tasuki.

"Tasuki! Watch out!" Nuriko called.

"Maybe you can tell me about it since you're Kagura's minion!" She said attacking Tasuki with her flaming hand which the latter shielded using the fan.

"Who are you calling Kagura's minion!!" Tasuki appealed.

Ryoko unleashed a wave of fire which Tasuki countered with a whirlwind of flames.

"I cant believe Kagura got a hold of that tessen! Does she sent you here to destroy me?" She said engaging on a fierce fight of fire power with Tasuki.

"Grrrr! I told you I'am not one of her underlings!!!" Tasuki threw a tantrums.

"Tough luck buddy, cause Im sure as hell wont go down today!" Ryoko said increasing the energy of the fire which Tasuki countered easily.

"What a stubborn woman!" Tasuki said creating a fire tornado around Ryoko.

The woman evaded it and blew fire on Tasuki. He shielded himself first but was surprised as he realized something.

"Huh?" said to himself.

"Tell me.. What are you doing here? Does Kagura have to say something to me? Come on! Spit it!" Ryoko challenged making Tasuki fume.

"What part of the "I'am not one of her underlings" can you not understand, you blockhead!" Tasuki growled.

"How dare you!! If I know she sent you here cause she knew my powers wont work on you!" Ryoko said angrily

"Well tough shit lady, thanks for telling me that! But I dont care! I will say this again and again so get this on that thick head of yours! We're not working with that damn annoying woman! We're enemies!" Tasuki said surprising the woman.