Vol 1 - Chapter 2 : The World Within the Book

"Woaaaahhh. This is amazing!!!!" an amazed high pitched voice of a young girl was heard all over.

"I bet they heard her all the way to Kutou" Tamahome joked making Miaka giggle.

"So it's true, the world within the book really exist." Hikari proclaimed.

"How are you feeling Miaka?" Tamahome assisted his wife.

"I feel better Taka, for some reasons, as soon as I take foot in here, all the heaviness disappeared all of the sudden."Miaka explained.

"I wonder how long has it been since we're last here." Tamahome looked around.

"This is Eiyou right? Konan's capital" He said.

Looking around, the couple noticed that nothing much has changed. unlike when they were last here during the incident with the false priestess, there's no visible damage is within the kingdom.

"We need to go to the palace, His Highness Hotohori, may know what's going on. We also need to talk to Taitskun."Tamahome said.

"Let's go. Hikari- huh?" Tamahome looked around only to see Hikari missing.

"Hikari!!"Miaka shouted. Somehow, along their conversation, Hikari had disappeared.

"Hikari, where----"

"Dad!! Look! This dumplings look so yummy!" Hikari said drooling to the food stand behind them.

"What a lovely child!" Said the food vendor.

"Uhmmm.. We're sorry for interruption."Taka said, pulling his drooling daughter.

The vendor regarded them for a moment, taking their appearance.

"Hey! I remember you!" the man exclaimed pointing to Tamahome.

"You..you're one of the Celestial Warriors of Suzaku, arent you?"

Taka nodded.

"I'am one of Sir Gakurei's attendant before. Uhm, its Lord Chiriko. I was with them when you took to be part of the Seishis again." the man said.

The family lit up. They could go and meet Chiriko first.

"Its great Mister! Can we ask you to bring us to him? We just need to meet the other Celestial warriors as soon as possible" Miaka said.

"Nah. He's in the Imperial Palace, working as one of the Counselors." the man said.

"I see.." Taka said.

"Dont look so down, the Palace is not that far from here. Maybe a two day travel will do." Tamahome look at the man, from what he can remember, the palace is just a half day from the Capital, it cant be that long.

"But if you do need to meet the other warriors, there's two here." the man said.

"Really? Where?" Taka exclaimed.

"At the East Forest, they're on guarding duty I suppose." he said pointing to the forest.

The family walked towards the direction of the woods. Tamahome was wondering how in the the hell there's a forest in here.

"We need to find the two, it will be hard travelling to the palace by evening and---" my dad was interrupted as a man with flame colored hair kicked him down and stood up on him.

"Who are you people!" he exclaimed.

My mom's eyes widened, in recognition I suppose. I've seen this man before, with flame colored hair, brash personality and a diamond fan.. Could he be...