Vol 2 - Chapter 5 : The Koryu Seven

Hikari sighed, this isnt exactly what she expected when she first entered into the book.

First of all, she didnt exactly expected to be venturing on a long journey with her parents and their friends. A group of highschool looking people with superpowers. Not to mention, a group of warriors who could easily pass as celebrity and models on her world. Reminding herself to take a group photo with them before they go home.

"Here" A glass of water was handed to her.

"Thank you Lady Nuriko" she blushed. The purple haired warrior's beauty is the perfect definition of the term exquisite. Her long hair, slender frame, long lashes that she usually batted to tease Tasuki and her Dad, is more than a woman can take.

"Aw.Quit the formalities Hikari, call me Nuriko" she said. They are now eating lunch on the Imperial Palace of Konan. Together with the Suzaku and Genbu seven.

"Say, so Uruki, is also the former Emperor of Hokkan right?" Tamahome said.

The wind warrior nodded. "You've heard of our legends before right? Now, why dont you tell us, why your
Suzaku and Seiryuu priestesses went on a rampage and went distrupting the balance of this world?" Uruki said seriously.

"Hey grandpa, watch it. It wasnt our fault. Its the Seiryuus who tried to harm Miaka and tried to kill all us."Tasuki angrily retorted.

Nuriko pulled him down. "Calm down you flamehead. Seat down" she said.

"But Nurikoooo" The bandit seethed.

Uruki laughed at the two.

"Takiko and I, We're much like you and this lovely lady Nuriko when we're younger, Dosukoi" Uruki said.

"Who in the freaking hell is Dosukoi?! Its Tasuki! Tasuki! You grandpa!Grrrr" he angrily replied.

"Settle down Mister." Nuriko said.

"So, where should we start looking for the Priestess?" Urumiya asked.

"Hokkan, will be the first option. Since she's the priestess of Genbu..Its only natural that she will be sent into the land guarded by her beast God."Hotohoru said.

"That's right, no da. But, the problem is the drift. We definitely dont know by where the other lands of Hokkan went.So looking for Takiko will be a bit hard."Chichiri explained.

"This is the only clue we have by now."Uruki said as he looked at the mirror Taitskun gave.

"We'll set out tommorow morning. If its okay with you guys. We better go to Mt.Koku first.The shrine of Genbu is there, so we definitely have a high chance of getting clues there." Uruki said.

The Suzaku warriors looked at Nuriko, in which she returned with a soft reassuring smile. Which of course the Genbu warriors did not understood.

- - -

Arriving at the peak of Mt.Koku, everyone was entranced to see the lone cherry blossoms which miraculously grew in front of the gate of Genbu shrine.

The life it gives to the lonely mountain, somehow reminds the Suzaku Seven, how the star buried there, gave life to their cause as well.

They watched as Reisshun,no, Nuriko placed a hand at the trunk of the tree.
Paying respects to his..her past self, laying under the frozen snow, which is miraculously stays unmelted regardless of the change in climate and season.

She turned to her side to see Tasuki, with his eyes closed. The flame haired bandit is praying as well.
She smiled. A few second after, the other Suzaku Seven, joined their prayers as well.