Vol 4 - Chapter 13 : Power of Burning Passion

"Kill you? What the fuck are you talking about?!" Tasuki said.

"That's right. That scroll is protected by my life force that's why even until now, none of the Koryu seven even the Priestess can't touch it, much like how they cant touch me as well."

"Then how come I cant either? Your curse have no effect on me right?" Tasuki said in confusion. Already eager to ran out and find Nuriko.

"Its because that barrier is my life force. The barrier will disappear if you kill me. I've already shared half of my powers with you and thought you how to control your flames. You should be able to do it.!" Ryoko said.

Tasuki glared at the woman before he spun on his feet to ran away. Not in anyway interested with what Ryoko want him to do. He have to find out why Nuriko's life force suddenly disappeared. 'It cant be' Pushing away the terrifying flashbacks of his friend's death.

A hand held him on the wrist.

"Please Tasuki.. only you can do it. Kill me" Ryoko pleads.

Tasuki faced the woman with such anger.

"I did not become a warrior nor trained under you to kill anyone. If the only way to get the scroll to stop our enemies from accomplishing their goals is to kill you, then I'd rather kick their ass before they can even lay a hand on it!" he shouted.

A woman's laugh was heard.

"How scary.." The two intruder appeared.

---

Nuriko awakened to an unfamiliar room. She roamed her eyes for awhile to check.

Last thing she remembered was Hakuren abducting her before everything turn black.

"That damn boy" she said to herself

She get up from bed and went out. It was night time and the sky was so clear. She seem to be on a mansion somehow.

"I see you're awake."she turned to her right and saw Hakuren with clothing and food at hand.

----

"Nuriko!" Uruki blurted out as he entered the room of Nuriko and Tasuki.
He sees no one except for the life stone Namame on the windowsill.

"Namame!!" he called.

Miaka ran to the stone and picked it up.Panting and running out of breath from running all the way.

"Namame, where's Nuriko?! Do you know where Nuriko is?" she said frantically.

Namame made a gesture as if explaining to them what happened.
The Uruki and Tamahome tried to guess but to no avail.

Namame decided that its going nowhere, so he jumped down from Miaka's hands and tried his best to transform into the image of the black haired man that kidnapped Nuriko.

"Hakuren.." Miaka said, with weary eyes.

"Namame, how about Tasuki.. where is Tasuki?" Miaka question. Namame went to the window and pointed to the burning village.

A sudden emergence of a fire tornado from Ryoko's lair caught their attention.

"Miaka we should go to where Ryoko is. Our friends are there already. We'll have a better chance of finding out about what happened there." Tamahome said.

"Let's go!" Uruki said, enveloping the three on his wind and disappeared to the village.

They arrived to see their friends looking up to two unfamiliar people.

"I have important things to take care of! Get lost!" Tasuki exclaimed.

Uruki and Tamahome was surprised to see the usually happy and carefree bandit, serious and weary.