Seven

"Hundreds of times each day-"

He hadn't meant to look, but once he did, that's all he saw. From when the sun rose and he rubbed the sleep from his eyes, until night, when he was worn down and needed something to keep him awake so he could get home.

He didn't mean for that little glance to turn into a full on stare. One that let him implant the sight into his mind so he could come back to it during the times he found himself alone. Which was more often than he'd originally thought.

Jung Hoseok was busy, always. He didn't have time to admire the more pleasant aspects of life. However that didn't stop him from trying.

Every single time he'd thought he'd earned himself a moment of rest, there his watch went, reminding him he was wrong.

So when he'd stopped that day, to look, he tried to remind himself of that fact. And still he'd stayed, feet becoming part of the ground he stood on. He was jostled by the many bodies moving around him, he ignored those who threw curses his way.

The man, who looked to be about his age, was simply sleeping. His pale lids concealing eyes he wished to see. Messy, sandy blond hair adorned his head like a crown of gold. It fell in thick sections across his forehead, partially covering his slightly darker brows. He was mesmerizing.

Once turned into twice. Twice turned into thrice and from then on it was almost daily. Somehow, he'd managed a few minutes everyday.

Sure, that meant sometimes he ran to work, but it was worth it. To see such a sight as that man.

It was like looking at a living painting, the borders of the window being the frame that kept the beauty safe, kept it away.

And he found that he was addicted to something, to someone, he could never have.

____

i love this...

and btw, I added some stuff to the previous chapters. i've based this story off of a song that I really love, Kim Sunggyu's Daydream, featuring Tablo & Jongwan and the chapters now contain lyrics from the song, so check those out if you'd like cause i'm going to be adding them from now on.