Twelve

"I want to walk down the road in that picture with you-"

Hoseok glares at the ceiling. Taehyung had promised to be back soon, but an hour later, he was still left alone.

Their parents called, they were going to be out longer than expected. Jiwoo and Taehyung's siblings were still at school.

So that meant he was all alone, just him and his thoughts.

At first, he had tried to distract himself. He listened to music, he watched some shows, played a few games. He scrolled through his social media accounts but soon even that was not enough to keep his mind from wandering.

That man from the music store. Did Taehyung really go to see him? He could be talking about someone completely different, maybe another employee.

From what Hoseok remembered, he'd never seen any other person working there besides the blond man.

He only ever saw him and his pretty hair and his dark eyes. Maybe it was because he never looked at anyone else. Either way, he couldn't help but wonder what he was doing right now.

Would he be talking to Taehyung, or had his best friend finished his business and started on his way home? Maybe he was restocking shelves or making his millionth cup of coffee.

Whatever he was doing, Hoseok was positive he wanted to be there. Maybe he would see him and smile, welcome him into the store. He could feel himself growing somewhat giddy at the thought.

There were a lot of "maybe"s in his life but perhaps that one would be a "definitely".

He could see himself holding the other's hand, smiling to himself while he snuck glances. He could definitely see himself loving the blond man who ran the music store.

Slowly, he brought his hand up to his chest, breathing deeply like there wasn't enough oxygen in this world to keep him alive. He laid on his back, the plain white ceiling becoming the canvas for his overactive mind. He clutched the dark fabric over his heart and he felt it stutter and skip and beat so hard he was sure it would bruise against his ribs.

There were so many "maybe"s in his life, but he wanted these thoughts to become one of the "definitely"s

______

so... its been awhile and i've already started back to school. and i already hate it.