Thirteen

"If only I could, I would want to spend my days with you."

Taehyung wondered how long it had been since Min Yoongi began looking at his best friend this way: all doe-eyed and gummy smiles. He watched as the older scrolled through the endless photos of Hoseok that were stored on his phone. From silly selcas to shots captured by Taehyung himself that bordered on professional photography, he had them all in a folder generously titled "Sunshine".

At first he was nervous that Yoongi might think that there was something other than friendship between the two boys, but it seemed he was too engrossed in the pictures to notice anything else.

He laughed brightly at Hoseok's various poses, until he ran out of photos.

He swiped all the way to the end of the folders in the span of ten minutes and now he sat, staring down at a single photo of the boy, stars dancing in his eyes. "I have to meet him..." he muttered, low enough that it sounded like a whisper. His dark eyes glimmered with what could only be described as love. They shot back and forth between Taehyung and Seokjin, who until now had been sitting quietly on the stool beside Yoongi. Taehyung leaned against the counter, the gentle upturn of his lips showing off his effortless beauty. "Taehyung, I have to meet him," he said again, this time with a tone full of determination.

"Of course," Taehyung said, smile evident in the gentle lilt of his voice.

***

While the other two males discussed setting up a meeting, Seokjin's teeth worried at his bottom lip. Immense guilt was crashing through him at the moment.

There he was, only an hour ago, trying to convince his best friend to give up the chance of having a great love. He'd been convinced that this was going to be no good for Yoongi, who had never experienced such great emotion before.

And he had known Yoongi's mysterious love this entire time, but didn't realize until now.

He felt like a terrible person.

Seokjin was too deep into his thoughts to notice Taehyung and Yoongi getting up, moving to the walkway of the store, Yoongi grabbing his bags and keys. "Seokjin hyung."

He snapped out of his daze, eyes shooting to look at the voice that called him. It was deep and velvety, and not Yoongi's. He was met with the chestnut brown irises of the college boy. "We're going to a cafe to call Hoseok out. Are you coming?"

With a stuttering step, he got off his own stool and stumbled from behind the counter, "Yes," and he tried a smile, "I wouldn't miss it."

In the corner of his eye, he saw Yoongi grin.